Saturday, Jul. 4, 2015    Login | Register           

Space heater led to trailer fire

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a trailer in downtown Tyrone last week.

The trailer, located adjacent to Tyrone Tire, caught fire Jan. 21 but no one was hurt, fire officials said. The resident had left the space heater on for several dogs while the resident was away, officials said.

The fire was well underway when the first crew arrived on the scene. The crew’s response was delayed initially because the wrong address was given by the person reporting the fire, officials said.

The trailer was adjacent to the CSX railroad tracks, and as a precaution trains were advised to slow down while the fire was knocked down.

Less than 20 minutes later, CSX was given the all-clear to return to normal operations in the area.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content

Opinion

As the nation celebrates its independence, it is possible that we are more divided as a country that at any time since the War Between the States.

Community

A program titled “Water Wise Plants” is scheduled for Wednesday, July 15, 1-2 p.m. at Fayette Senior Services’ Peachtree City location (The Gathering Place, 203 McIntosh Trail).

Sports

The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour traveled to Senoia June 6-7 for the Canongate Series #4. The Canongate Seminole Course played excellent host to two very competitive rounds of junior golf.

Lifestyle

The American Red Cross urges eligible donors to help offset a seasonal decline in donations and prevent a shortage this summer by giving blood.