Sunday, May. 24, 2015    Login | Register           

Space heater led to trailer fire

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a trailer in downtown Tyrone last week.

The trailer, located adjacent to Tyrone Tire, caught fire Jan. 21 but no one was hurt, fire officials said. The resident had left the space heater on for several dogs while the resident was away, officials said.

The fire was well underway when the first crew arrived on the scene. The crew’s response was delayed initially because the wrong address was given by the person reporting the fire, officials said.

The trailer was adjacent to the CSX railroad tracks, and as a precaution trains were advised to slow down while the fire was knocked down.

Less than 20 minutes later, CSX was given the all-clear to return to normal operations in the area.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content

Opinion

The problem: Cousin Alex and Cousin Ryan wanted to make snow cones, but their 3-year-old electric snow cone machine broke just after it was loaded with ice cubes.

Community

Sports

The Starr's Mill Panthers boys golf team finished fourth in Monday's AAAAA state tournament. The McIntosh Chiefs finished eighth as a team. Cambridge won the team title with a +6 (290).

Lifestyle

Author Reem Faruqi said his newest release, a children’s book titled “Lailah’s Lunchbox,” is about a young Muslim child named Lailah who moves from the Middle East all the way to Peachtree City.