Sunday, Aug. 2, 2015    Login | Register           

Space heater led to trailer fire

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a trailer in downtown Tyrone last week.

The trailer, located adjacent to Tyrone Tire, caught fire Jan. 21 but no one was hurt, fire officials said. The resident had left the space heater on for several dogs while the resident was away, officials said.

The fire was well underway when the first crew arrived on the scene. The crew’s response was delayed initially because the wrong address was given by the person reporting the fire, officials said.

The trailer was adjacent to the CSX railroad tracks, and as a precaution trains were advised to slow down while the fire was knocked down.

Less than 20 minutes later, CSX was given the all-clear to return to normal operations in the area.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Government

The Georgia Department of Transportation will suspend construction-related lane closures within five miles of a shopping mall or major shopping district on all interstates and major state routes be

Sponsored Content

Opinion

Sitting on the curb in front of 110 Flamingo Street, I smiled. It had been a good summer. No, the best summer ever.

Community

Peachtree City Recreation and Special Events will host a Back to School Bash Saturday, Aug. 1, at the Glenloch Recreation Center (601 Stevens Entry).

Sports

The Starr's Mill High Schools Pantherettes dance team had a great week at UDA Camp at Auburn University earlier this summer.

Lifestyle

“Ready, Set, Breakfast” is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 4, 10-11 a.m. at Fayette Senior Services’ Fayetteville location, The Life Enrichment Center, 4 Center Drive.