Monday, May. 25, 2015    Login | Register           

Safety flare causes minor injury to man at Braelinn Village

A man was treated and released at Braelinn Village Shopping Center Feb. 26 after a safety flare accidentally ignited.

Peachtree City Police spokesperson Rosanna Dove said officers responded Saturday to the parking lot at Braelinn Village Shopping Center at 11:47 a.m. in reference to a person receiving a chemical burn.

Police officers and firefighters arriving at the scene discovered an unknown device that had exploded in the hand of the victim, Dove said.

Dove said the Clayton County Police Dept. Bomb Squad responded to the scene to assist in the identification of the device. It was discovered that it was a survival type safety flare that was accidently ignited by the occupant of the vehicle, Dove said.

At no time was the public at risk, said Dove, adding that the bomb squad removed the device from the scene.

Dove said the victim was treated and released for burns to the hand.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Opinion

The problem: Cousin Alex and Cousin Ryan wanted to make snow cones, but their 3-year-old electric snow cone machine broke just after it was loaded with ice cubes.

Sports

The Starr's Mill Panthers boys golf team finished fourth in Monday's AAAAA state tournament. The McIntosh Chiefs finished eighth as a team. Cambridge won the team title with a +6 (290).

Lifestyle

Newnan Mayor Keith Brady joined the Piedmont Newnan Hospital’s Stroke Awareness team last week, proclaiming May to be Stroke Awareness and Prevention Month’ in Newnan.