Monday, Aug. 3, 2015    Login | Register           

Heat lamp played role in PTC house fire

A house fire that gutted a home on Gelding Garth in Peachtree City last week is being blamed on a heating lamp.

Fire officials said Thursday that the heating lamp was used by the family on the back porch of 100 Gelding Garth to help keep their dog warm. The Feb. 26 fire destroyed the back porch area and also cut significantly into the house.

No one was hurt as about 20 firefighters responded to the scene to battle the blaze. The fire was reported by a neighbor and by the time the first fire crew arrived flames were visible from the rear of the home.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Government

The Peachtree City Police Department has been selected by the International Association of Chiefs of Police as the recipient of first-place honors in the National Law Enforcement Challenge for effo

Sponsored Content

Opinion

Sitting on the curb in front of 110 Flamingo Street, I smiled. It had been a good summer. No, the best summer ever.

Community

“Locked Away” is scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 5, 1-2 p.m. at Fayette Senior Services’ Peachtree City location, The Gathering Place, 203 McIntosh Trail.

Sports

The Starr's Mill High Schools Pantherettes dance team had a great week at UDA Camp at Auburn University earlier this summer.

Lifestyle