Saturday, May. 23, 2015    Login | Register           

Heat lamp played role in PTC house fire

A house fire that gutted a home on Gelding Garth in Peachtree City last week is being blamed on a heating lamp.

Fire officials said Thursday that the heating lamp was used by the family on the back porch of 100 Gelding Garth to help keep their dog warm. The Feb. 26 fire destroyed the back porch area and also cut significantly into the house.

No one was hurt as about 20 firefighters responded to the scene to battle the blaze. The fire was reported by a neighbor and by the time the first fire crew arrived flames were visible from the rear of the home.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content

Opinion

The problem: Cousin Alex and Cousin Ryan wanted to make snow cones, but their 3-year-old electric snow cone machine broke just after it was loaded with ice cubes.

Community

Sports

The Starr's Mill Panthers boys golf team finished fourth in Monday's AAAAA state tournament. The McIntosh Chiefs finished eighth as a team. Cambridge won the team title with a +6 (290).

Lifestyle

Author Reem Faruqi said his newest release, a children’s book titled “Lailah’s Lunchbox,” is about a young Muslim child named Lailah who moves from the Middle East all the way to Peachtree City.