Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015    Login | Register           

Heat lamp played role in PTC house fire

A house fire that gutted a home on Gelding Garth in Peachtree City last week is being blamed on a heating lamp.

Fire officials said Thursday that the heating lamp was used by the family on the back porch of 100 Gelding Garth to help keep their dog warm. The Feb. 26 fire destroyed the back porch area and also cut significantly into the house.

No one was hurt as about 20 firefighters responded to the scene to battle the blaze. The fire was reported by a neighbor and by the time the first fire crew arrived flames were visible from the rear of the home.


Ad space area 4 internal


While approving a plan to develop a new phase of an existing subdivision, the Fayette County Board of Commissioners encouraged existing residents to keep an eye on the new construction and let coun

Sponsored Content


Writer’s block I knew one day it would happen. After 14 years and over 700 columns, something that strikes fear into this writer has finally arrived at our house: Writer’s block.


Fayette Senior Services will host “Modern Day Sherlock” Tuesday, Nov. 3, 10-11 a.m. at its Fayetteville location (The Life Enrichment Center, 4 Center Drive).


Starr's Mill, Northgate and East Coweta are all unbeaten at the midpoint of the football season after their wins Friday night. Northgate is 6-0 while the other two teams are 5-0.


The Centre for Performing & Visual Arts, 1523 Lower Fayetteville Road in Newnan, hosts The United States Army Band & Soldier’s Chorus for a complimentary concert Sunday, Nov.