Wednesday, Apr. 1, 2015    Login | Register           

Heat lamp played role in PTC house fire

A house fire that gutted a home on Gelding Garth in Peachtree City last week is being blamed on a heating lamp.

Fire officials said Thursday that the heating lamp was used by the family on the back porch of 100 Gelding Garth to help keep their dog warm. The Feb. 26 fire destroyed the back porch area and also cut significantly into the house.

No one was hurt as about 20 firefighters responded to the scene to battle the blaze. The fire was reported by a neighbor and by the time the first fire crew arrived flames were visible from the rear of the home.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Community

Atlanta Symphony Orchestra oboist Emily Brebach introduces Lauren Kelley to an unfamiliar key on the oboe that will help her be .more efficient in her playing.
It was a first for a school band program in Fayette County -- musicians from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO) giving music lessons to students during class.