Small businesses get help from SCORE
The Fayette Chamber of Commerce encourages small businesses to take advantage of the many resources available through SCORE, a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration. SCORE provides trained counselors, often retirees, to offer free small business counseling and low cost workshops to both startup and in-business clients. SCORE volunteers are available to see clients on Fridays from 9 am to noon at the Fayette Chamber offices.
Nationally, SCORE is an organization of almost 11,000 volunteers in 375 chapters in the U.S. serving over 500,000 clients yearly. The Atlanta Chapter is an organization of over 75 counselors located in 15 offices throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
In addition to counseling and workshops, there are many online resources available at www.score.org. SCORE’s website features a variety of resources to help women entrepreneurs grow a business and recover from the recession. Featured content at www.score.org/women includes:
- • Identify Your Sales Strategy Workshop. Try SCORE’s most popular online workshop to develop a sales plan that will bring maximum results.
• Start a Business Webinar. Sign up for this free webinar, April 13th at Noon Eastern. Women’s Success Blogger Julie Brander, MBA, co-presents this live event on steps and strategies for start-up success. Presented in cooperation with The Company Corporation. Online registration is now open.
• Boost Your Sales. Take the Strategies to Attract & Keep Your Customers online workshop. Check out the Sony eGuide for Demystifying Social Media. Use the Sales Forecast template. Get 8 Great Tips to Boost Your Sales.
• SCORE Women’s Success Blog. Women SCORE leaders offer their insights and advice on issues facing women entrepreneurs across America at womensblog.score.org.
• Give Me Five. American Express and WIPP help women business owners secure federal government contracts with the Give Me 5% program.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 8.5 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through mentoring and business workshops. More than 12,400 volunteer business counselors in 364 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
To make an appointment for counseling or register to attend one of the chapter's workshops, visit www.scoreatlanta.org. A counselor will call and set an appointment. The opening of the Fayette office is a collaborative effort of Fayette Encore graduates, the Fayette Chamber and SCORE Atlanta.