Friday, Mar. 27, 2015    Login | Register           

Where there's smoke...

A van caught fire just before 11 a.m. this morning on Ga. Highway 54 at Walt Banks Road, snarling traffic briefly.

FedEx delivery driver Tony Jackson used a small fire extinguisher to beat down the flames, but the Peachtree City Fire Department came in to finish the job.

Fire crews had to cut open the hood to fully extinguish the blaze.

The female driver told police that she had smelled gasoline moments before the fire, but she thought the smell might have been exhaust. After coming to a stop at the intersection of Hwy. 54 and Walt Banks, the engine compartment caught fire as she tried to accelerate, police said.

No one was injured and police officers directed traffic to prevent backups between the incident and the intersection of Hwy. 54 and Peachtree Parkway. Photo/Ben Nelms.



ptctaxpayer's picture

Ad space area 4 internal


Sponsored Content


The oldest courthouse building in Georgia, sits right here in downtown Fayetteville. Built in 1825 at a cost of $8,000, there has been millions of dollars spent on it since then.


The McIntosh Chiefs track team competed in last weekend's Flowery Branch Invitational, with both the boys and girls placing fourth.