Friday, Oct. 21, 2016    Login | Register        

Coweta kindergarten registration through May 25

Coweta kindergarten registration through May 25
Parents who need to register their children for 2012-13 Coweta County Kindergarten classes can do so by school through May 25. New students are registered at the Coweta County School System Registration Center, which is located at 167 Werz Industrial Drive in Newnan, off the Millard Farmer Industrial Boulevard and Ga. Highway 34 Bypass near Bullsboro Drive.

Students already enrolled in a Coweta County School System pre-Kindergarten class during the 2011-12 school year do not need to register again. Children who will be five years old before Sept. 1 and who have not been registered for school before, however, must do so to begin Kindergarten classes when the new school year starts on Aug. 6.

The Center will register students by school throughout the month of May, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. New registration sessions will not be begin after 4 p.m. Parents can contact the Central Registration Center for an appointment by calling 770-254-5551.

The schedule for upcoming Kindergarten registration by school district will be:

·May 7-11: Arbor Springs, Arnco-Sargent, Canongate, Glanton and Thomas Crossroads

·May 14-18: Eastside, Moreland, Newnan Crossing and Poplar Road

·May 21-25: Jefferson Parkway, Northside, Atkinson, Elm Street and Ruth Hill

More information about registration and printable registration forms can be found online at Students must also attend the school for which their home is districted. To find out what elementary school district serves an address, call the Coweta County School System Transportation Department at 770-254-2820.

Georgia law requires that students must be five years old by Sept. 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten.

To enroll a new student in school, parents will need to provide the following items:

1) Birth Certificate – A state-issued, certified copy is required (hospital certificates are not accepted).

2) Social Security card.

3) Proof of Residence – two items from the following list are required for address verification: property tax records which indicate the location of the residence; mortgage documents or a security deed which indicates the location of the residence; apartment or home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address; current electrical bill or application for electrical service showing the current address (please bring the entire bill, to show electrical service and address); and voter precinct identification card or other voter documentation indicating the current address.

4) State ID or Drivers License – Must be current (not expired). Students may only be registered by a biological parent or legal guardian. Proof of custody or guardianship is required if the registering adult is not the birth parent.

5) Custody papers (if relevant) - If parents are divorced they must provide a copy of custody papers. Legal guardians will also have to provide a copy of custody papers, and must live in the appropriate school district.

6) Last Report Card/Withdrawal/Transfer Form with Grades – This information is required at registration to facilitate records requests and class placement.

7) Immunization Certificate – Ga. Dept. of Human Resources (DHR) immunization certificate form 3231 or a signed 30-day waiver.

8) Hearing-Dental-Vision Certificate on Georgia Form 3300 or a signed 120-day waiver.

9) Authorization for release of Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or student records – This is required if a student is receiving Special Education or Gifted services. If an IEP or other information that establishes eligibility for services is not presented at the time of registration, services in the Coweta County School System may be delayed until the records are received by the school.

10) Emergency contact information – Students must have a contact name and number on file at the school by the first day of attendance.

Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician. Students transferring from another Georgia school should already have the certificates available from their previous school. Short-term waivers may be requested during registration to allow parents time to obtain the certificates, but students may be withdrawn if the certificates are not filed by the end of the waiver period.

Parents can call the Central Registration Center at 770-254-5551 to make an appointment or to get more information. Registration information and printable registration forms can also be found online, at the school system’s website.


Ad space area 4 internal