Thursday, Oct. 8, 2015    Login | Register        

Local Ga. Tech student hurt in explosion

A Georgia Tech student from Peachtree City was one of two men severely burned in an explosion outside a fraternity house on campus early this morning, officials said.

Tommy Keen, an aerospace engineering sophomore from Peachtree City and Paul Grzybowski, a junior materials science and engineering student from Appling were injured in the explosion, according to a statement released by the school.

The two suffered first and second degree burns covering roughly 40 percent of their body including their torso, chest, arms and face, fire officials said.

Both students were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, officials said. The incident occurred shortly after midnight.

Atlanta Fire Department officials said the explosion appears to have been “recreational” in nature.


Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content


Whitewater’s boys obliterated the field at last week’s county cross-country championships, with a team score that was almost as good as mathematically possible.


The Kiwanis Club of Fayette County is sponsoring its second Fayette County local craft beer and local wine festival, Suds On The Square. The event is October 10 from noon to 5 p.m.