These authorities thought we were Christian
Are we a Christian nation? We are, as in 1892, a unanimous decision of the Supreme Court in the Holy Trinity Church vs U.S. declared that we are a Christian nation, as Christianity shaped and molded us; 300 court cases and 87 examples were cited.
Our very foundation is based on Judeo-Christian principals of which are exemplified through the following examples:
• The 1647 Massachusetts Colony’s Old Deluder Satan Law for public education.
• 29 out of the 57 signers of the Declaration of Independence were ordained ministers of the Gospel.
• Benjamin Franklin instituted chaplains in Congress.
• Benjamin Rush (father of American medicine): “If you take religion out of education, education becomes a negative force.”
• Robert Winthrop (Speaker of the House): “All societies of men must be governed in some way or other ... Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the Word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet”
• President George Washington: “Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion.” And, “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.”
• President John Adams: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
What’s happened to our America and our Judeo-Christian principles along with respect for our heritage? Why has Congress along with Presidents, past and present, in one way or another, negated our Constitution?
Most laws are made from some moral viewpoint with every law having moral implications. If people refuse to be or act moral, well, we can’t help that. What we can do is not be such cowards and to stand against bills and laws that are not moral and to oust those who are prohibiting our Judeo-Christian beliefs.
It’s reasonable to assume that if you can’t make laws based on morality, you can’t prohibit them based on morality either. People who make these irrational statements are trying to prohibit our heritage in Judeo-Christian morals and replace it with their own.
Think about it, you can’t negotiate morality. I won’t go into examples of ill morals here as I do expect readers to know what this means. So, that is why laws need to have this foundation, based on what our Founding Fathers produced with the great Constitution.
It provides America the confidence to do the right thing, again, based on our Judeo-Christian heritage. The Bible has been the good book of Western civilization. Following these principles has provided us with great prosperity along with our freedoms. The Constitution is our Bible and we must protect it! The question again is, why are politicians trying to negate it?
I don’t understand the controversy of passing laws that are based on a moral code. It stands to reason that those who impose their own moral code should not be voted into the United States government.
This is a question to ask any candidate; will you uphold the Constitution? Our Founding Fathers had such foresight for the next generations of American citizens. Living now in the 21st century, just turn your TV on and watch the current events.
What is happening to my America? What will life be like for today’s children and their children’s future? I leave you to ponder and reflect on this quote from President James Garfield: “... the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption ... If the next centennial does not find us a great nation ... it will be because those who represent the enterprise, the culture, and the morality of the nation do not aid in controlling the political forces.”