Fayette schools schedule orientation sessions for new students and parents
It’s just about that time again. The Fayette County School System has announced the orientation schedule for the school year that begins Aug. 8.
In order to help students and parents entering the school system for the first time become familiar with their new schools, orientations will be held prior to the start of the academic year that begins Aug. 8, said school system spokesperson Melinda Berry-Dreisbach.
Teachers, counselors, administrators and bus drivers will be on hand during orientation to help answer questions. Representatives from various clubs and organizations will also be in attendance to help introduce parents and students to extracurricular activities available at each school, Berry-Dreisbach said.
All elementary schools will hold orientation on Aug. 4 from 4-6 p.m. The following schools will hold special pre-K and/or kindergarten (K) orientations on Aug. 4 or 5 at the times listed below by school.
* Brooks: Aug. 5 - Pre-K and K from 10-11:30 a.m.
* Crabapple Lane: Aug. 5 - Pre-K and K from 9-11 a.m.
* Huddleston: Aug. 4 - K only from 9-11 a.m.
* Inman: Aug. 4 - K only from 10 a.m.-12 pm.
* North Fayette: Aug. 4 - Pre-K and K from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
* Peeples: Aug. 4 - K only from 9-11 a.m.
* Peachtree City: Aug. 4 - K only from 9-11 a.m.
* Burch: Aug. 4 - Pre-K and K from 9-11 a.m.
* Minter: July 30 - K only from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
* Spring Hill: Aug. 4 - K only from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
* Bennett’s Mill: Aug. 5 - 6th grade from 2-3:30 p.m.; 7th & 8th grades from 4-5:30 p.m.
* Fayette: Aug. 5 - 6th grade from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 7th & 8th grades from 9-10 a.m.
* Flat Rock: Aug. 4 - 6th grade only from 2-3:30 p.m.; Aug. 5 - 7th and 8th grades from 2:30-4 p.m.
* J.C. Booth: Aug. 3 - 6th grade from 2-3:30 p.m.; 7th & 8th grades from 4-5:30 p.m.
* Rising Starr: Aug. 4 - 6th grade from 9:30-11 a.m.; 7th & 8th grades from 1:30-3 p.m.
* Whitewater: Aug. 4 - 6th grade from 9-10:30 a.m.; 7th & 8th grades from 1:30-3 p.m.
* Fayette County: Aug. 4 - 9th grade and new students at 6 p.m.
* McIntosh: July 28 - Camp McIntosh freshman orientation from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
* McIntosh: Aug. 4 - 9th grade from 3-4:30 p.m.; 10th grade from 1:30-3 p.m.; 11th grade from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12th grade from 9-10:30 a.m.
* Sandy Creek: Aug. 4 - 9th grade and new students from 6-8 p.m.
* Starr’s Mill: Aug. 4 - 9th grade and new students from 6-8 p.m.
* Whitewater: Aug. 3 - 12th from 8-9:30 a.m.; 11th from 9:30-11 a.m.; 10th from 2-3:30 p.m.; 9th from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
For more information visit the school system’s website at www.fcboe.org