Friday, Aug. 28, 2015    Login | Register           

Starr's Mill JV player recovering from injury

A player on the Starr’s Mill junior varsity football team is recovering from emergency surgery after he was injured during Thursday night’s game at Northgate.

Grant Aasen, a sophomore, suffered a whiplash injury, according to Starr’s Mill

varsity head coach Chad Phillips. He was able to walk off the field but an ambulance was soon summoned and an air ambulance landed on the field to take Aasen to a hospital, a witness told The Citizen. Aasen had surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain and was “responsive” while in recovery, Phillips said Friday morning.

Aasen is listed as a running back and linebacker on the team roster from the beginning of the season.

A witness said that Aasen’s helmet had been twisted during a facemask incident earlier in the game, though it is not clear if that may have led to the injury.

Location: 

Comments

Cyclist's picture

a full recovery.

Caution - The Surgeon General has determined that constant blogging is an addiction that can cause a sedentary life style.

Ad space area 4 internal

Government

The Georgia Department of Labor announced this week that the unemployment rate in the Three Rivers region in July was 7.1 percent, up five-tenths of a percentage point from 6.6 percent in June.

Sponsored Content

Opinion

When Ronald Reagan announced in November 1994 he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, even some of his most ardent political opponents paused to wish him well.

Community

The 26th Annual Native American Festival & Powwow, sponsored by the Butts County Historical Society, is scheduled for Sept. 12-13 at Indian Springs Hotel/Museum, 1807 Hwy. 42 S.

Sports

McIntosh 16, Fayette Co. 7 The Tigers got on the board first on a 1-yard run by Corey Andrews in the first quarter. The score remained 7-0 until the fourth quarter.

Lifestyle

Georgia Agriculture Commissioner Gary W. Black is alerting Georgians to the recall of certain Jansal Valley Raw Macadamia Nuts distributed in Georgia due to potential health risk.