Tuesday, Sep. 27, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: Two injured as pit bulls go wild in PTC   1 day 1 hour ago
    JCAT

Let's see now rmoc.....the homes built in the first two sections of Wynnmeade were built by the Ryland Corp.   These exact same houses and models were also built in Clover Reach, Glenloch and even Golfview.  Likewise, the homes built in section 3 of Wynnmeade were also built in Glenloch and in partcular, Center Green.   If these houses were all so poorly constructed, why do you only mention Wynnmeade in your comment?  Shouldn't these other neighborhoods be bought up and obliterated as you say should happen to Wynnmeade?   ....you know, given the poorly constructed houses etc.   Just curious.

• Reply to: City manager bids farewell after 11 years   1 day 2 hours ago
    jbcriswell

Richard did a good job and he will be sucessful in his newest job. Best of luck to you Richard.

• Reply to: Oddo in cabal on commission?   1 day 2 hours ago
    jbcriswell

Steve Brown should try and take a positive approach and see if the other Commissioners take note. Brown probably can't take a positive apporach as he only learned to be mean spirited and take crack shots at his fellow Commissioners and the County Manager.  And that Approach does NOT Work.  So Brown once each week writes a letter telling how bad the other Commissioners are.  Now that is very sweet and helpful to develop a great working realtionship. NOT!!!  So Brown puts up NO Barlow NO Oddo signs during the campaign and now he wonders why they don't work with him ?  Brown take note those two guys do not LIKE You !   And They NEVER will like or work with you.  Now I feel better and my break is over and the lunch crowd was tough today as they all came in at one time.  Aunt Bee ain't happy and this ain't Mayberry any MORE!!!!!

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 4 hours ago
    secretagent81

Unfortunately, although I agree that how you apply the law is the intent of the law and a reasonable way to interpret it....gun laws are always subject to interpretation by people who hate guns.
    I suggest that if someone does NOT have a concealed carry permit, that they do not conceal a gun under the seat or between seats when driving around.  The center console is much like a glove box and probably is ok.  If you carry routinely, just get a permit, its cheap.  Also, get training!  It's worth it.  I think refresher training is a plus for all gun owners.
    Follow this logic:  If you do NOT Have a CC permit, driving around, you have Active Possession of the gun.  So if you conceal it....between the seats for example....you have active possession of a concealed weapon.  I think it is a matter of time before this is tested in court because the law is written weakly.  Now, once you LEAVE the car, hode it anywhere in there because you only have Constructive Possession.  The fact that someone needs to be familiar with these terms simply to defend themselves is a GREAT example of how poorly the laws are written.
    And if you carry in four states you have to know the laws and CASE law of every State.  It's a mess.
    I would advise any person pulled over with a Gun (CC or no) should ditch that thing in the glovebox.  Then make declarations when the offcier approaches (assume he saw you ditch the gun because he did).  Simply "Offcier I want you to know I have placed my weapon in the glove box (or console) for our mutual safety".
    Expect to be asked to exit the vehicle.
    I know.  Technically, with a permit, you do not HAVE to ditch the gun.  It is my practice, and my opinion, because I feel obligated to bend over backward to help an officer feel safe doing their job.
    JJ--Again, I think we agree more than we disagree.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 4 hours ago
    secretagent81

I accept also that I overstepped in my reaction.
    Still I don't  like this analogy either.  Like my better.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 4 hours ago
    brewster

What the Sam Hill JJ.  You went from a 18 year old flat belly in a string bikini to a 99 year old dude? And folk accuse me being extreme.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

81 Analogy,
    Ya know what? You're 100% right on this assessment, It was a poorly chosen Analogy, I can do better and will make future efforts to do so...
     A 99 year old Man known to  walk around town with a $5,000.00 cash on him is robbed, yet some will Blame the 99 year old Man ......
    How's that ? lol

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

CLUELESS
    Under CURRENT GEORGIA LAW (if the person is lawfully able to posses a firearm) they may transport a Firearm ANYWHERE in their vehicle, as an Automobile is considered an extension of ones HOME.

A Lawful person may carry a pistol in their car, under the seat, in the Glove box in a center console in a pocket behind a seat etc etc etc (If pulled over the driver MUST inform the Officer of said weapons and follow the officers lawful orders regarding said firearm,, don't believe me,,call the Sheriff 770 461 6353
    (If a facility is "Weapons Free" ya better not have one in the car)

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    secretagent81

Rape is not about the youth or attractiveness of a women.  It is about control and hostility to the victim, not sex.  Not a good analogy to use or throw around casually.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    secretagent81

You know what?  If someone asked me if my car door was locked I would know the answer.  Because the answer would ALWAYS be yes.  The fact that this gun owner did not know the the answer is an indication that he/she frequently leaves the car unlocked.
    I am ANNOYED as hell that there is another gun now held by a thief.  It was preventable.  Just let me be pissed.
    JJ--I think you arnd I are probably more in AGREEMENT than disagreement.  You just have memories of other discussions and want to jump at a chance to object to my comments.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

You object? now there's a shocker. That you would imply "young ones" are somehow at risk when I'm around, tells me EVERYTHING I could ever need to know about you, I see you are one of those ill equipped to discus an issue, share ideas and thoughts, so you're forced to resort to personal attacks, so be it. have at me, knock yourself out, go for it, At the end of the day Those here that CAN THINK will see exactly what you are, and give your writings the attention your efforts are deserving

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

RESPONSIBILITY
    Ok, Was the Car legally registered? Was the Car lawfully Parked? Apparently YES to both as there's no mention of the Driver/Owner being arrested or ticketed, Based on this (and yes there is some assumption which I dislike doing) we're compelled to believe this person IS a RESPONSIBLE person. Now to the point at hand, "is it RESPONSIBLE to leave a firearm in a car?" BE VERY CAREFUL how you answer this question.......................................................................................
    Law Enforcement Leave Weapons EVERYDAY in their Vehicles, They leave their vehicles unattended sometimes with the Doors open, keys in the ignition and the motor running (foot chases) Why do they do this? are THEY being Irresponsible? ...........................................................................................................
    Let's move forward, My question is WHY would a person bother carrying a gun and leave it in the Car? If one of mine leaves the House, it DOES NOT leave my person, but that is BY CHOICE if I were to leave it in the car, YES, I would lock my doors, but you do understand the ONLY thing a Lock Door does is to ensure Honest People Stay Honest, If a Criminal (say someone that enters an automobile and removes property  without the owners consent) steals a gun out of a locked or unlocked car, the BLAME rest SOLELY on the shoulders of the CRIMINAL, to yap about anything other than THAT FACT is so disingenuous as to be at the door of absurd

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 5 hours ago
    secretagent81

I did not mention Concealed Carry there Einstein.  Look Again.  Any person can carry in their car.  When they are driving it has to be on the seat or in the glove box.  It cannot be hidden in any way.  If one has Concealed Carry, the rules are different.
    Either way, if you carry, concealed or otherwise, you have a basic responsibilty to do so in a way that is reasonable.  If you can't then you should carry.  Period.
    We should spend a fraction of the time that we defend the 2nd Amendment (I do !) in also trying to work out what Responsibilities fall to gun owners.
    So...you made a big leap there in your logic.
    State of mind has nothing to do with it.  And leaving kid in car compared to leaving gun.....I can't  begin to understand how you think.

• Reply to: Cities briefed on ‘Fayette Branding’   1 day 6 hours ago
    naturegrl

well guess this old boy is selling his house and moving further south on 50 acres of land.  Maybe Fayette will not annex me.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 6 hours ago
    AtHomeGym

Fake Agent 81 and Concealed Carry
    The point was and is you don't know if he has a ccw license or not yet your language infers it was a given.  People of all walks of life make booboos; you have no idea what state of mind the guy was in at the time. If someone can leave their kid in a car, they can surely leave a gun.  Anyway, not YOUR problem as you weave your way through your make-believe Clandestine world!

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 6 hours ago
    naturegrl

about like people leaving kids and animals in car.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 7 hours ago
    secretagent81

I object to your casual use of the rape of an 18 year old as an anology (although it does say something about how you think--keep you away from the young ones!)
    Here is a better analogy:
    An owner of a pitbull trained to dogfight and known to bite is left unsecured at a shopping center.
    The dog is unleased by someone to run free in the city.
    Citizens riding around on carts and walking the paths have no idea what this dog looks like or where it could be.  It's just out there.
    Clearly the criminal who let the dog loose has blame.  But in your mind:  Should the person who left the dog unsecured in the first place be fined?  Blamed in any way?  or as a person who has a right to be secure in his property (owning a dog) is this just a case of "Oops?"

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 7 hours ago
    secretagent81

Really.  Are you really standing by that analogy?  The owner of the unsecured gun was the innocent victim and the robber was the horrible rapist?
    That is what you are sticking with?
    Are there no expectations of responsibility for a gun owner under the 2nd Amendment in your mind? None?
    Are you one of those people who thinks its "just a mistake" when a five year old finds an unsecured gun and blows his sister away?  Oops!
    Come on.  You just want to pick a fight with me.  I have read plenty of your posts.  You just didn't think this one through.
    With Rights come Responsibilities.

• Reply to: The Avenue is latest target of entering autos   1 day 7 hours ago
    secretagent81

Right to carry has everything to do with it.  The law makes no distinction between a trained or responsible gun user and a complete idiot who would LEAVE A GUN IN AN UNLOCKED, UNATTENDED CAR.
    Every RIght has it's Responsiblities for legal use.  All of them.  Except, apparently in your mind, Bearing Arms.  I support the 2nd Amendment to bear arms.  But that right comes with Responibilities, one of which is "Don't shoot it at strangers without cause" or "Don't point it at people as a joke" or hey how about this one "Don't leave it unsecured."
    The time when the 2nd Amendment protects people from any and all irresponsibilities with a firearm NEVER EXISTED.
    You say "No problemo!"  Really?  Do you really take it that way?  Then you are perhaps the kind of person who would be so STUPID as to leave a gun unsecured in a car.
    Think.  Then Type.

• Reply to: Cities briefed on ‘Fayette Branding’   1 day 7 hours ago
    rmoc

This is an issue..Yankees and Left Coasters want what they left instead of enjoying what we have. They stick up their noses at the "speedy pig" and Crooks Grocery and want snooty restaurants and "fresh market" stores. I want a gas station that has ham biscuits and fish bait.

• Reply to: Two injured as pit bulls go wild in PTC   1 day 8 hours ago
    rmoc

Why can't a developer buy up Wynnmeade and build 400K homes...The homes are really badly built and the neighborhood is so full of renters.

• Reply to: Cities briefed on ‘Fayette Branding’   1 day 9 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

$80k to spend a week in the county listening to the chosen few with agendas, then some lunchtime pizza throwing out ideas, approval from the chosen few, and then produce a video.
    Every single city and county official approved this?  No one had any concerns, or are they scared to rock the boat?

What businesses are the FCDA coveting?

• Reply to: Jessie Marie Brewton Bishop, age 95   1 day 11 hours ago
    sharese1

May the God of all comfort, comfort your family in your times of grief.
    Revelation 21:3, 4

• Reply to: Two injured as pit bulls go wild in PTC   1 day 20 hours ago
    southsidemike

OR...Any owner of weaponized breeds be prosecuted criminally under the same laws as mishandling any other dangerous device or weapon.  Some breeds were engineered as a weapons and mishandling should be treated as such.

• Reply to: Two injured as pit bulls go wild in PTC   1 day 21 hours ago
    AtHomeGym

SSM & Dogs
    Surely the owners can be cited and possibly the animals declared dangerous and disposed of with consideration of prior problems--if any.