Tuesday, Jul. 26, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: Fayette rejects state’s request for $50K for new driver’s license site   23 hours 38 min ago
    mudcat

He did explain it.                                                                It made him mad that the state is treating us in a shabby manner. He and the others feel it is the state's responsibility to upgrade a state facility. Not sure he's wrong. This would be a good time to have leaders like Paul Heard and Dan Lakly around. Without fanfare or discussion our DMV branch would be as nice as the one in Rockdale. Have you seen that one? I can drive there, get renewed and drive back in less time than standing in line at Fayette's.

They have a concierge who prechecks documents  and offers actual help. They will also give you a provisional license for 30 or 60 days if you need to track something down out of state. They always have 4 or 5 and once I saw 8 stations open and processing people. It shouldn't be that hard for a few government workers to just do it.

• Reply to: Fayette rejects state’s request for $50K for new driver’s license site   1 day 16 min ago
    brewster

Fayette County DMV situation has improved. I was impressed with how the staff makes do with what they have.  They have installed a covered porch to keep folk out of the elements while they wait in line. The staff also comes out and verifies paperwork of those in line to make sure their wait is not in vain. That's a nice touch. They are always fully staffed and friendly. Of course will never be as nice as when they had one at the PTC Kroger.

• Reply to: City manager leaving Senoia   1 day 7 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Sorry I made you feel embarresed.
    O'Bummer is gonna be on the Vineyard one last time, thank gawd, in a few weeks.  Will be nice when the Wampanoags can get it back from him and his gang and get that casino built.

As one resident just said, "looking forward to September already" and another said "Another reason not to vote for Hillary, we sure don't want the Clintons coming back every summer".

A little Vineyard humor there.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 8 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

No, I was out in it and knew earlier that it was out but forgot to look up.  Someone mentioned it and I then knew I FELT that Buck Moon.  'Splained a lot that had happened that day and evening.  If 'ya get my drift.  Full ones are almost the same....  I never get tired of them, I think they are bee uu teee fullllll.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 8 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

MLC..
    As much as I would ove to take credit for the rainbow/sky,,, all of the dancing on the planet can't do the Art work of Momma  and her nature ...some times ya just have to sit back and understand ,,,"we" really aint all that and our bag of chips ..... The good thing is you have sense enough to SEE things Momma;, God; AND Nature offers ...
    BTW did ya see the Buck Moon ????

• Reply to: Pence is salt to Trump’s pepper   1 day 9 hours ago
    G35 Dude

Trump unfit to be president? Well we know for sure that Hillary is. She has proven that. With Trump we won't really know untill he gets a chance. As I see it while he may backfire, Trump is the only chance that we really have.

• Reply to: Name the chief’s pigs   1 day 10 hours ago
    G35 Dude

How can the Chief of Police not name them Law and Order?

• Reply to: City manager leaving Senoia   1 day 10 hours ago
    mudcat

Explaning them is dicey                                                         I was sort of making an old classic New England joke based upon his name and I know better than trying to explain jokes, so I'll just repeat it and move on.

I went on vacation and took the ferry to Nantucket. (Response) Oh yea, how did he enjoy the trip.

I am so embarresed that I had to do that.

• Reply to: Pence is salt to Trump’s pepper   1 day 10 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Today in the AJC I witnessed something I have never seen before.  All four op-ed columnists (Jay Bookman, Kyle Wingfield, Leonard Pitts, and George Will) agreed on the unfitness of Donald Trump to be president.  Amazing!  This certainly disproves that the Republican nominee is divisive.  He is bringing together the most diverse political ideologies in the country!

• Reply to: This weekend's lane closures   1 day 10 hours ago
    meanoldconservatives

As I wrote on the AJC a little earlier, I just hope she didn't hurt Slick Willie's chances of becoming First Lady.....

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 11 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

A half a rainbow in the southwest sky past Lake McIntosh with no rain....how the heck did you do it and did you just run out of butt????? It is a beauty, what there is of it...thanks! :)

• Reply to: This weekend's lane closures   1 day 12 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Or maybe she is going to lawyer up with Hillary's Criminal Clan so that she can join her cabinet (she thinks).

• Reply to: City manager leaving Senoia   1 day 12 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

No clue of whom you speak...he...Mr. Ferry..have another one.

• Reply to: Councilwoman Brewer: Follow-up to Title I concerns   1 day 12 hours ago
    tchr1

Bravo Councilwoman! Your assessments and concerns regarding Fayetteville Schools are spot on. Regarding the "fraud" issue, you did more than imply it, and for very good reasons.

• Reply to: This weekend's lane closures   1 day 12 hours ago
    mudcat

Here's a lane closure                                                              Debbie W. Schultz has resigned because she wants to spend more time with her family. Or maybe it was because she did not want to be a distraction. Or maybe she needs to consult with the clinton campaign about how to handle e-mail security. No reason to worry about the country. These folks have got it together.

• Reply to: City manager leaving Senoia   1 day 12 hours ago
    mudcat

Took the ferry to Nantucket                                                           This was several years ago, but we went from Hyannisport and got on the boat (or was it a ship) and arrived in Nantucket shortly thereafter. Great trip, nice weekend, good food and great weather. I took the ferry back and he went back to his job in the big city and he said he enjoyed the trip.

• Reply to: No rollback in PTC’s $33.5M budget   1 day 13 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

There was a quorum, whose decision was it to postpone?

• Reply to: No rollback in PTC’s $33.5M budget   1 day 13 hours ago
    dar thompson

Postponed...complete council was not present.

• Reply to: Fayetteville's Pinewood Forrest about to become a reality   1 day 13 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Miss Ginga
    you Ma'am and myself, have found ourselves NOT in our Golden Years,,,despite our best plannings, we are NOT WELCOMED in OUR county, we are NOT WELCOMED in our very neighborhoods, WE are TOO OLD ,,,,, Our kids have shown us just how dumb WE are ,,, WE really had to District our County,,, (never mind WE learned discrimination was wrong) ` Never mind WE had to surrender to the racist,, (those that claimed people could not buy groceries at the same store unless Government drew a line,,,
    Ginga ,,,, WE LOST and THAT is the bitter pill you and I can't swallow ,, That Trump/Hillary ,,,Fergumoreland/KIll a cop Crane , are "our" choices ,,,,,,, Honey WE LOST

• Reply to: Fayette, cities prep SPLOST list, minus arts center   1 day 14 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

INTERSTATE 85
    Please explain how Coweta can Afford...... Dude it's called I 85

• Reply to: City manager leaving Senoia   1 day 14 hours ago
    Judging

Senoia will be better off without Mr. Ferry. He lies and plays favorites. It's okay for certain employees to get drunk in the city they work in and there's no consequences. He will also tell you something then doesn't follow through. Senoia is a wonderful city when they get rid of their drunk employees that play golf on city time.

• Reply to: Fayette rejects state’s request for $50K for new driver’s license site   1 day 14 hours ago
    jbcriswell

Steve Brown please explain why we spend $64,000 for a hot air ballon festival and can not explore ways to upgrade our Drivers Liciense facility?  Have you visited our DDS facility lately ? This was an old house 10 years ago. Please come by and note the lack of parking and citizens have to park across the street with no crosswalk. Someone will get hurt at this location with the parking issues. Brown please look into this for the citizens of your district and offer some solutions.  I do not hear you biring one solution to the table for discussion and I hope when Maxwell comes on board after the first of the year he will bring some fresh leadership to this Board. Brown has served almost 6 years and I can not think of one project or improvement that he has suggested.  Brown looks and talks like a Democrat but he claims to be a Republican.  Brown votes for the SPLOST  huge tax increase and probably will vote for Hillary in Nov.  That doesn't sound like a Republican. Aunt Bee ain't happy.

• Reply to: Fayetteville's Pinewood Forrest about to become a reality   1 day 14 hours ago
    ginga1414

I hear ya, Jessie.  We've got a "son of an innovator" in our family, too.  You're right about why folks flew to Fayette County.  And, I am so afraid you are right about Sandy Creek Rd.  Without a doubt, the most beautiful old home place I've seen in Fayette County is on Sandy Creek Rd.  It is almost impossible to see the home from Sandy Creek, but if the Waller Family were to invite you up their drive, you would see Fayette County at its best.  I would really hate to see a family home place that has been protected for many generations even touched by what some folks call progress.  I know some folks are tired of all my belly aching here.  Even my husband gets perturbed with me every now and then.  I'm just grateful that Mr. Beverly has provided us all with an outlet for our frustrations.  And, just maybe a few young people will find that my ranting and raving about preservation of a quieter, simpler lifestyle has some merit.  I'm very thankful that my family got to experience Fayette County when there was only one traffic light, one grocery store, one gas station, one fast food restaurant and one high school.  I know that sounds like a geezer talking, and I guess I am a geezer.  I guess if I had good sense, I'd walk away from Fayette County, go up to Cherry Log, sit on the back porch, listen to the river roll by, and let the developers have Fayette County.  No more nay saying from me today.  I've got to go bathe my dogs.

• Reply to: Fayette, cities prep SPLOST list, minus arts center   1 day 15 hours ago
    jbcriswell

Please explain how Coweta County can afford a performing arts cener and Fayette County can not? Did Steve Brown explore private partnerships or alternate funding for O&M ?  Did Steve Brown really look at the costs of getting this for Fayette County ?  How can Brown not spend time and explore and search for a solution as this is so important for Fayette County ?  Once again Brown has let us down. Brown should ask more questions and perhaps look at a scaled down approach. We don't need the whole hog but Coweta has a nice facility. Brown have you visited Coweta's facility? Brown have you asked about the operations costs and who pays at Coweta ?  I am disappointed in my Commissioner Brown as I do not believe he is trying to make improvements at Fayette County.
    How much is a 1%sales tax going to get from me each year ? well guess it depends on how much I spend. If I buy a new truck for about $40,000. then the sales tax will hit me for $400.  If my normal home spending is about $250 per week then that is another $130 for a year.  At Christmas I spend about $5000 so that adds another  $50 for a year.   I buy supplies for my business here in Fayette And that could add another $ 600 easily to my cost.  So for me a small business owner This SPLOST will cost me about $1250 per year on average.  My question to my Commissioner  Brown is what will I get for that $1250?  The last SPLOST the County had back a few years ago and I hear we still have money that is unspent from that splost ?  Is that true Commissioner Brown  ?
    This splost represents a huge tax increase for the average taxpayer and small business owner. This splost makes our business owners less competative and could cost us jobs and growth. I hope we get to vote against this splost as I don't believe Brown will spend the money wisely.  As I read that Ognio and Brown did not want to partner with the State to make improvements/upgrade for our Drives License facility but did spend $64,000 on a hot air ballon festival. That sounds like a poor business decision.  Well I've got to head off to work..

• Reply to: Fayetteville's Pinewood Forrest about to become a reality   1 day 16 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I agree somewhat with this assessment.  Any second generation businessman following a legend wants his own legacy.  I think the developers sought out Mr. Cathy thinking that with his well known and good name in the community, they could use him as the face of the development.  It would be interesting to know how invested he truly is?