Friday, May. 6, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: Spillway funds get green light   1 day 7 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Airing dirty laundry? Is that more chain pulling, spy?  Love how all the professional whiners have just gone back to into the cracks till someone disagrees with your version of nirvana.  Tell me, what is your stance on the new privatizing city staff initiative?  Hey, as long as you are enjoying yourself, who cares.

• Reply to: ARC says 44% Fayette jobs growth by 2040   1 day 7 hours ago
    ginga1414

Oddo and Barlow in lockstep with ARC......The ARC predicted that school enrollment in Fayette County would increase a few years before the great recession, and the former BOE bought up land and built new schools in anticipation of that happening.  Just because the ARC said so.  Look at what happened with the Rivers School.  The BOE is still sitting on a hundred acre parcel that can't be sold.  I would like to point out that when ARC executive director Douglas Hooker finished with his rosy predictions for the future of Fayette County, Commissioner Brown was the commissioner asking questions of Mr. Hooker.  He was the one representing the concerns of Fayette residents.  Rousseau and Barlow stroked the ARC's ego.  Oddo was quiet, as always.  It was my understanding that Chairman Oddo had invited ARC's executive director to speak at the commission meeting.  Why am I not surprised?  Unless Fayette citizens want to be completely governed by a regional body, people we don't elect, we need to replace Chairman Oddo and Commissioner Barlow.  As one former BOC chairman once told me, he voted for mass transit in Fayette County in his position as our representative on the ARC because his was "just one vote!!"  Chairman Oddo and Commissioner Barlow are supposed to represent the people of Fayette County with the ARC. That means speaking up for what we want.   In my estimation, Chairman Oddo and Commissioner Barlow represent themselves with the ARC.  It is just more "go along to get along" politics with Oddo and Barlow.

• Reply to: Spillway funds get green light   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass

I enjoy pulling chains every now and then.  You make it too easy sometimes.  Yes, I am ready for the new dock myself.  I walk to that park almost daily, as I live right down the street...       And you have no way of knowing how much I pay attention to.  I just don't air the dirty laundry on here....    Let me add that things are never as good as they seem, nor as bad.  All in all, I can't think of a better place in the metro ATL than were we live....it is a great city...not perfect, but I enjoy most things here.

• Reply to: BoE Chair Key calls for 1 mill school tax rate reduction   1 day 7 hours ago
    TheRealityCheck

Lower enrollment trends  -

Data say the trend is lower student enrollment year over year.  Thats been the trend for several years now.  Why would they need more teachers if there are fewer students to teach?  I would support a raise for current teachers to bring the salaries on par with other systems in surrounding districts (Coweta, Fulton, Cobb, etc).  But adding teachers?  Im all for reducing taxes, but the budget needs to be smart or we will find ourselves in trouble and having to lay off teachers again.

• Reply to: Loft living proposed for PTC’s east side   1 day 7 hours ago
    Justin L

Mr. Thompson,
    Can you provide me with any updated info you might have regarding purchasing one of the lofts assuming the project is carried out.
    Justin
    justin@advancedtransportservices.us

• Reply to: Spillway funds get green light   1 day 7 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

I never mentioned the old dock.  The dock that was purchased new 2 years ago has never been put in.  It has been in storage in pieces waiting for the lake to be full again.  If you were to pay attention, you would always find the good in anything, too.  However, as with 98% of those who live here, you just enjoy what is on the surface and ignore the rest.

• Reply to: ARC says 44% Fayette jobs growth by 2040   1 day 7 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Charts,
    Who's President in 2040 ? is there a Republican or Democrat Congress? Where's the NYSE ? 50,000?
    how's the Dollar doing ? what's the US Debt? 2 or 3 Quadrillion? Are there any Gas powered self drive cars still on the roads? Ya know if these A clowns were worth a flip at predicting every single one of them would be current Billionaires the '08 crash would have been a money making event for these ARC folks, I'm not saying we can't plan for the future, but when ya only paint a Rosy Picture without considering how to change direction if the predictions fails to materialize you wind up with South Fulton Industrial Park,

• Reply to: Spillway funds get green light   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass

The old dock has never been slated to be put back...a new one will be installed...I have to give you credit, you always seem to find the good in anything.  Enjoy this beautiful Friday.     One note about fishermen, the folks on the shore cast as far into the lake as they can, while the folks in boats cast as close to the shore as they can.

• Reply to: Rosa Parks program June 3   1 day 9 hours ago
    brewster

Just what the Dr. ordered.  Bad situation cleaned up, cheers to the Civil Rights teams during that time. But yea, the Rosa Parks arrest was planned out before hand and with good reason. She was perfect for that time and still is today.

• Reply to: ARC says 44% Fayette jobs growth by 2040   1 day 9 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Look at the charts.  Where are all the movie industry jobs?  Arts and Entertainment?  Guess even the ARC doesn't think they will be around long.  And everyone wants to make all these big changes to our county for the studio.  WHY?

• Reply to: 4 at-large candidates fire at Chairman Oddo   1 day 12 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Let's see what the other candidates think about Oddo.
    Oddo is indecisive. Check
    Oddo the Republican voted for a Democrat with no experience as vice chair.  Check
    Oddo ran on a campaign then reneged, to fight the district lawsuit, and did meet without board approval.  Check
    Oddo approved spending monies to permit road widening on Hwy 54 that hurts traffic.  Check
    Oddo has no backbone.  Go along to get along. Check
    Oddo doesn't want to do his job by allowing the CA to sign off on things under $200k check
    Oddo approves funding of the COC//regional plan instead of what the people want.  Check
    Oddo had no opinion on the water issue.  Let the CA handle it, he said.  No opinion
    Oddo has yet to reprimand Bar low for his hateful and devicive words.

oddo's got to go.

• Reply to: Rosa Parks program June 3   1 day 15 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Gotta Wonder
    Will the FSS mention Claudette Colvin? the 15 year old odered by a bus driver to get to the back of the bus so a white woman could sit down, Claudette (Who was single and pregnant)  was arrested 9 months BEFORE Rosa Parks refusal, When it comes to Courage, this girl had tons of it, Her life was threatened, her family targeted with harassment, and yet she refused to ever admit to being wrong, ALL of this without aide nor protection from the NAACP (that Rosa Parks enjoyed) It's been reported that because of her 15 year age unwed pregnant status, she didn't fit the "mold" Dr King and other Black religious leaders were looking for (None of this takes away from what Ms Parks accomplished), just interesting as to how History is so easily re-written

• Reply to: Spillway funds get green light   1 day 17 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

FISHING DOCK AT BATTERY PARK
    Where is that sucker that has been sitiing rotting in dry dock for the last two years?  We were promised the minute the lake was filled it would be put back.

Oh, wait.  Seems Kimmie Learnard had the whole of the PTC Public Works Saturday crew out there at the wanna be rich resident Pinecrest boat dock last Saturday cleaning all the twigs and grasses and weed spores that were floating around that precious dock.  Ask her how many of her lake HOA members showed up to clean up that dock.

Oh, nooooo, had to be paid city employees on a weekend to makes sure the taxpayers footed the bill.   Who in the world would EVER expect a volunteer to show up from those minimcmansions to do some manual labor for the good of the city.

• Reply to: Rosa Parks program June 3   1 day 17 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

THIS is what FSS is using their federal, state and local tax dollars on?  In what way is this supporting the senior population of this county?  Heck, Bar low or Odd man would have done it for free.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   1 day 18 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

You can get to the truth of politics in FC like no other.  So what I would like to know, now that Mr. Trump is going to be the candidate to get behind, what do the 7 running for our District 3 Congressional spot have to say about him.  I think a statement from each one is due before we all fill in that circle on the ballot.  Or at least those who have not done so yet.

• Reply to: Whom to blame for Trump?   1 day 18 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

to go to Hillary's hairdresser for a new do and for Hillary to go to Trump's tailor for new man suits.  Take a national poll of the outcome and whichever one comes out on top (joke) gets to be the new prezbo.  Of Guatemala.  Or Tuvalu.

• Reply to: Wave of auto break-ins plagues PTC Willow Road area   1 day 18 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Charge a fee to the maroons who 1) Do not lock their cars 2) leave valuables visible 3) take up more valuable police time filling out these inane reports that only are done so the victim can get money from their insurance company.  I say the city or county general fund should receive a percentage of the claimed amount on the police report.

How much you wanna bet 80 percent or more are women who report this stuff.

• Reply to: Coker, Hayes and Manning face off for open DA post   1 day 18 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

I have not decided who I am supporting yet, but Manning is at the bottom of my list.  As I stated before on here, when you are running for a position such as this, you do not nor do you allow your supporters to break the law and attach campaign material to my or my neighbor's mailbox.  It is such a simple item that even I know about it.  Then, to attach it so loosely that it falls off from the evening when I saw it to the next afternoon when I went out to get the mail and find it as yard trash, well, see ya.

• Reply to: Coker, Hayes and Manning face off for open DA post   1 day 19 hours ago
    Citizen Bob

I wasn't at all comfortable with candidate Manning's deliberate & repeated personal decisions to engage in illegal gambling- particularly with a crowd that led to felony armed robbery of several thousands of dollars, aggravated assault, burglary, false imprisonment, battery, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
    Yes, it happened several years ago in an adjoining county, but she was a former Assistant District Attorney who certainly must have known the difference between right & wrong. Her telling the audience it was no different than driving over the speed limit makes me further question her judgment (or her perception of ours). I'm supporting Hayes.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 19 hours ago
    JessieJames1847
    AHG

AHG
    I'm the King of Density am stuck at the Coal stage waiting to become a Diamond lol
    And yeah that was my point about how misleading the ad is, and if a Private company put an ad up like that they'd be sued out of business,, seems to me yet again in a blaring example Government doesn't have to play by the rules it forces on us

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 20 hours ago
    SPQR

Trying to find what you are responding to.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 20 hours ago
    rmoc

If you have the skills and talent you can do whatever you can but what the heck are you guys talking about misleading folks..can does not mean will be...and private enterprises sell the dream all the time especially sales type jobs...

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 20 hours ago
    AtHomeGym

I think your point is it is a crappy & misleading ad--and it certainly is that.

And I deal with density on a daily basis--that happens when you pass a certain age!

Perhaps some of those millenials who are wandering around looking for jobs and cheap housng would be better off signing up with the USAF--job+3 hots & a safe cot for the duration of enlistment!

• Reply to: PTC man dies in motorcycle accident   1 day 23 hours ago
    ptctrader2010

This is a terrible tragedy.    I last rode a cycle in 1983.   Very sad for the cyclist.   When I rode, my comment was that you had to be at least 10 times more aware of those around you.   On the other side... Tragic for the person driving the car.  I will add one thing here.   Driving is s PRIVILEGE.... Not a RIGHT.   I am getting older now... Cannot drive as well at night so I DON'T.   I support driver retraining/retesting after age 70,    I am sure this is unpopular... But it makes sense.
    Prayers to all concerned.

• Reply to: PTC man dies in motorcycle accident   1 day 23 hours ago
    ptctrader2010

Prayers to all concerned.