Friday, May. 27, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   1 day 10 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

"Prosperity's Front Door"
    Anyone heard of that slogan? Me neither. Fayette Visioning is going to the BOC tomorrow night and asking for another 25K of taxpayer dollars to come up with a brand. In the packet, they use Coweta County's slogan (see above) as a great example. Could have fooled me. They are going to ask for a combined total of 90K this budget cycle from the cities in Fayette and the PTC CVB and the Realtor board Main Street Fayetteville, too.

Didn't someone say that Fayetteville has just shot them down for more money out of their new budget? Read the agenda packet for the BOC meeting tomorrow night.
    As for development, could the FCDA find a gloomier photo to put on their website front and center? Awful, just awful.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 10 hours ago
    Spyglass

I saw that on Fays Book myself....

• Reply to: Upscale PTC shooting range approved without a bang   1 day 11 hours ago
    poolshark

Can't wait until opening day!  I love Autrey's and the staff there, but not having to travel to Fayetteville will be nice.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 11 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Didnt think of that.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 12 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Mudcat
    I can not prove this BUT I really believe Democrats (whom had very few candidates to vote for yesterday especially in Fayette) crossed over to Vote for Oddo in appreciation of his Surrender. It's the ONLY way the turn out numbers work, especially when ya look at the Northern precinct numbers.

Husband and Father of 2

I think the support from the COC was to his advantage.  After all, they supported the surrender because they said it was hurting business.  I don't see a difference, but I guess we can ask Mr. Rapson.      The Dems are pretty foolish for not having a candidate for District 5.

Glad to rid ourselves of the knucklehead in District 1.  I expect some fireworks tomorrow evening.

Sure glad Ognio won.  Don't know how Hearnia got so close.  Guess all the handwaving on Redwine helped.

I went to the polls at 6 pm last night.  Not a millennial in sight.  In and out in 10 minutes.

I hate the low turnout.  I am even more troubled reading about all the voters who didnt understand the process, issues, or candidates, yet still voted.  There should really be test to see if people actually know what and who they are voting for.  Reading posts on line from idiots who didnt know what they were doing was disheatening.

JessieJames1847

Ginga
    That's Smokey Joe (AQHA Registered ;CJ Smoke) Born April 5,1998 in Water Valley Alberta Canada,
    He's an absolutely fabulous Horse, smart too, Works (worked) cows better than most people can. He's a pretty good sized fella too, at 5.2hh and a SOLID 1250#   He'd like to Vote but isn't a democrat so he can't.
    Miss Ginga, ANYTIME you want to come ride or just visit him (bring Banana's his fav) just let me know !! And don;t give me that "I'm too old" no sucha thing on a good Horse  AB or the Ogino's have my contact info. ,

mudcat

I don't get this                                                             This makes no sense at all. I know it is an at-large seat and the entire county can vote, but to me that should increase the support for his opposition, but instead he gets more than half the votes and avoids a runoff? I was sure the goofy stuff with the NAACP lawsuit and of course the vote to settle would cost him hundreds if not thousands of votes, but 6200 voters said OK to Oddo.

Nevertheless, I should say congratulations on an impressive victory over two quality opponents. He can either ride this 51% mandate to a second term as chair (bad idea) or nominate Brown (just kidding) or leave it open so someone nominates Maxwell for chair(best idea).

I'm also taken aback by how close Hearn came to Ognio. Not sure if they were voting against Ognio for some reason I don't understand or for Hearn which with his past would really be a mystery unless he's really popular in his neighborhood which would point out one of the features of district voting.

I don't understand any of it. I must be getting old. I'm just blaming it on some oddball Millennials who are marching to a different drummer. So be it.

ginga1414

Jessie, this is off the subject but I'm giving you a thumbs up on the new picture.  Your horse is beautiful.  You know I'm an animal lover!

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 13 hours ago
    ginga1414

Husband, the low voter turnout is extremely disturbing.  That's not new, but I sure wish it would change.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 14 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

We now have PROOF these voting machines are Rigged, I went to the Secrtary of State web site to follow election results, yet not ONE, not a single ballot was cast nor counted for a candidate in Fayette County we ALL know recieved at least ONE vote. We know jb Voted for Steve Brown and yet it wasn't counted,, I call for a Federal Investigation into the Voting Irregularities going on inside Fayette County

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 14 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I had a big chuckle.  Friend of mine forwarded a comment from our esteemed preacher/BOC.  He feels that he lost because god has other plans for him.  Not that his district tired of him and his choices.  Now hopefully he doesn't do any damage before his term ends.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrows BOC meeting.

JessieJames1847

Secret Squirrel
    Yes Democrats cast Ballots yesterday, one can readily see 6,201 Democrats voted yesterday when one see's Charles Oddo recieved 6,201 Votes,

• Reply to: The land of ‘you are whatever you say you are’   1 day 14 hours ago
    brewster

Them and Lowes are way ahead of you. Just come in through the garden shop and perch away - they even have free food for you.

• Reply to: The land of ‘you are whatever you say you are’   1 day 15 hours ago
    tnosam

For the past several years I have struggled with very strong feelings towards birds, in fact I identify with them. Right now I wear a bird suit everywhere I go, but when finances allow I plan to find a surgeon who can make my appearance reflect who I feel most comfortable being. I simply can't understand why this government won't pass legislation making it manditory for schools and businesses to provide me (and others like me) with a suitable perch so we can fit into society and enjoy life like everyone else. It's just not right.
    Why wouldn't this be a logical request?
    (Sarcasm intended)

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 15 hours ago
    secret squirrel

All election results?

Just curious if there were any ballots cast by Democrats in Fayette County.  The Citizen's political leaning is as diguised as HIllary's honesty so there's no surprise there's little discussion of them here.  But to go so far as to wholly omit the results, save for a few references in the article above?  There's still a story to how Democratic ballots went, bias and witty snarling aside.  I'm curious how many votes they got and who won their side of the election.

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 15 hours ago
    Fred Garvin

They are sick individuals that need mental help.

• Reply to: Upscale PTC shooting range approved without a bang   1 day 15 hours ago
    rle737ng

Just add cigars and it would be perfect.

Husband and Father of 2

Please make sure not to tell my wife.  Wash car, shoot, than eat.  What more can we ask for?

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 16 hours ago
    tnosam

I agree with Dr. Hendrickson's accessment of how the LGBT movement, with the governments support, is charging ahead and targeting another traditional moral and cultural standard. And these intrusions should be obvious to every coherent individual. But the question that I wonder about is where will this madness take us next? And this is madness. This transgender issue is a mental health issue that no one seems to want to address. Instead of trying to address a problem society has decided to, once again, pretend that it doesn't exist. And what makes this even worse, we are trying to normalize it. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Simply because you identify with or feel strongly about something doesn't affect the reality of what is. If I strongly identified with birds and decided to wear a bird suit, I still would NOT be a bird. A truly concerned society would try to get me some psychological help. A society that has lost all common sense and/or doesn't care would provide me a tree limb.

• Reply to: Upscale PTC shooting range approved without a bang   1 day 16 hours ago
    fayette77

Sweet!

• Reply to: Obama’s odd definition of ‘democracy’   1 day 16 hours ago
    Fred Garvin

When someone in power throws down a dictate on people without discussion or a vote, it is nothing but pure fascism.  Obama is a fascist and wanna-be dictator.
    It's impossible to reason with a narcissist fascist like obama.  He has no moral compass and decries anyone who disagrees with him as a racist.
    He then holds education funding hostage if states don't agree with his twisted, perverted idea of what is right.
    This is what fascism looks like folks.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 16 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I too don't want ill informed people voting.  I was reading some comments on a format last evening, and reading the posts made me cringe because so many people voted who had no clue about the process (party / independent vote), the candidates, or the issues.  One woman confessed to not even knowing any of the names and was glad she saw a sample ballot in the lobby before she went in.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 17 hours ago
    Spyglass

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want the people that don't care voting.  Makes my vote more valuable.

Husband and Father of 2

Based on the non partisan superior court vote approx 16,200 (plus early voters) cast ballots.  Another sad showing at the polls FC.