Friday, May. 29, 2015    Login | Register

• Reply to: PTC announces three candidates for police chief   3 hours 3 min ago
    Robert W. Morgan
    Pye retirering? Yep. yes. Sure enough. I doubt he even applied for the chief position, although I commend him on a great career and a super job of filling in for the last old chief. All 3 finalists seem fine. Hope we don't see a Skip rerun where he brings a buddy from his old area. In fact that would be a good question for Committee #2 to ask - "Hey, you got any trailing friends you need to employ?" Of course if he/she does, the moving cost would be less because they are within 25 miles. 2 Men and a Truck - $225 for 2 hours. A real deal. And another good question would be "Do you need an assistant Chief?" Proper answer is no, but just ask and see what pops out.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   3 hours 33 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2
    You need jobs to attract young professionals. Build it and they will come worked great for Rivers elem. I mean pinewood.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   4 hours 12 min ago
    Farmers
    I love living in the country and understand how some feel. However the county needs young professionals. The trend is toward safe, walkable, urban communities. Let's try it.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   5 hours 29 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2
    I met today at the live, work, play development called Avalon up GA 400 in Alpharetta. Really nice facility and still growing. However, I would not want to live anywhere close by. Just too much traffic. In fact, before they start phase 2, they have to increase parking because the city approved plan does not meet the needs. This facility also has Marta bus stop that allows people to get to ATL. Take a drive up there and see whats going on. You will thank your lucky stars you were able to live in FC while it lasted.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   5 hours 47 min ago
    dar thompson
    Don't blame the politicians...the citizens voted to tax themselves for the SPLOST to pay for these projects.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   7 hours 30 min ago
    AtHomeGym
    All I can say is: Blessed be A-R Zoning!
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   8 hours 34 min ago
    PTC Observer
    Development..................equals...................change. The question is will it be good for all citizens of this county or just a few. Time will tell and everyone always has the option of moving even if reluctantly.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   12 hours 18 min ago
    ginga1414
    Heartbreaking!!.......This development is heartbreaking for the Donald Fowler family, the Sorrow family, and many other families in the area. We all knew back in 1985 that the West Fayetteville Bypass/Veteran's Parkway would lead to the destruction of property and many families' dreams. Homeowners don't have a chance against politicians, the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC), wealthy business men, and developers. The bottom line is that politicians would sell their souls for recognition by the ARC, wealthy business men and developers. The ARC consists of politicians, wealthy business men and developers. The whole lot is driven by money. If I lived in the City of Fayetteville, I would move or vote the entire City Council out of office. Mickey Edwards and Ed Johnson are the only members of the council who voted against the motion to eliminate the sprinkler systems in single-family homes within Pinewood Forest. Fayette County Commissioner Randy Ognio was the only county commissioner to attend the meeting and voice his opposition to the 232 acre development. I don't mind saying that I worked real hard to get Randy elected, and I'm proud of what he has done for the county. But, he isn't a politician. He's just Randy. All of that is just a little food for thought when election time comes around
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   12 hours 19 min ago
    ginga1414
    Farmer......This landowner's right to do what I wanted on my property was more than trumped by our local government. I wanted my property to stay as it was with lots of hardwoods, quiet and serene. But, our local government didn't want that. Our local government wanted to build a thoroughfare through my backyard, and they did just that. If your neighbor wanted to build an amphitheater in close proximity to your bedroom window, would it be okay with you if he did that? If your neighbor wanted to block your driveway on a regular basis, would it be okay with you? Mr. Pace just wants to make money on the Pinewood Forest property, and he doesn't mind doing that at the expense of his neighbors. It doesn't matter at all what Donald Fowler, the Sorrow family, and everyone else in the area want for their property. The only thing that matters is what Mr. Pace wants to do with his property!
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   14 hours 42 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2
    This development may be the best thing since sliced bread. Yes, we will have to wait and see. I don't like the fact that there is really zero planning. Where are these residents going to send their kids to school? Are the schools prepared? Is there a plan? I don't like that 3 politicians can override the fire chief and simply permit less stringent requirements simply because the developer thinks these home will be tough sell with sprinklers. This affects what everyone pays in homeowners insurance and is a life safety issue. I don't like the fact that there has been no study done to show the impact on transportation needs. I don't like the fact that this is all based on business that is contingent on the state providing incentives. What happens when and if the state reduces or stops funding this or other states up the ante and the movie production moves elsewhere. I don't like the fact that when politicians change zoning rules and requirements, this results in the depreciation of other landowners values. But yes, my opinion as a blogger is just that, an opinion and everyone has one.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   14 hours 54 min ago
    jingle
    Shame on Fayetteville and all of its poloticians, with the exception of a few. Williams and Stacey will not even respond to emails of disapproval. This vote is an outrageous sway of big development padding pockets. Obviously, the elected officials do not listen to the citizens that will be directly affected. Mr. Pace said, I guarantee my development will increase surrounding property values. How sir, do you guarantee such a egregious statement? Where was it stated in any of the articles that the housing portion was to offer homes at 70k? Really? We have lost our side of Fayette County. Our peaceful, quiet, supposed to be 2.5 acre minimum lots. We are now a bustling metropolis, with roads we can't even pull out of our driveways for fear of getting hit. Where is law enforcement? Same place as the politicians, with their head in the sand. I could not be more disappointed with Fayetteville, and the worse part of it. I am county, but yet my lifestyle, for the past 30 years is being dictated by people I can't even vote for! Distaste and disgusted! And the Mayor, states he will do what is best for the people. Well Mr. Mayor, looks like you learned from Obama, do the opposite of what you say!
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   15 hours 12 min ago
    Farmers
    I find all the nay saying opinions interesting. How about we recognize that governments and random citizen opinions should not trump a landowners right to do what they want on their property. I don't believe Mr. Pace wants to ruin the county so I will wait and see. Fortunately for now bloggers don't hold any power.
  • Reply to: Minute by minute — Fayette takes another run at record-keeping dispute   23 hours 32 min ago
    hutch866
    Yes, him and the self proclaimed man of transparency, Steve Brown. BTW, nice dodge.
  • Reply to: Minute by minute — Fayette takes another run at record-keeping dispute   23 hours 55 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2
    You mean the self proclaimed man of God lies to us? Lol
  • Reply to: Minute by minute — Fayette takes another run at record-keeping dispute   1 day 1 hour ago
    hutch866
    I keep reminding you Fat Husband, your boy Brown lied his ass off to get Barlow elected, and Brown started his chairmanship off on the wrong foot, I guess Barlow figured he could do the same.
  • Reply to: 5-car crash on highway sends two PTC cops to area hospital   1 day 3 hours ago
    Spyglass
    Pay attention, put your phones down. Did all parties have lights turned on? It is the law in the rain. DRL's do not count.
  • Reply to: Obama vs. us   1 day 3 hours ago
    Fred Garvin

Kenyan lawyer offers President Obama cows, sheep, goats to marry Malia

And then Obama will have 51 cows

• Reply to: Garlock to Democrats: ‘No apology from me’   1 day 5 hours ago
    Earl E Bird
    http://cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/florida-leads-nation-concealed-carry-permits? This is the effect that Ferguson and Baltimore are having. Law and order must be maintained or the people will take to defending themselves. Should we shoot looters? Yes, set a curfew, warn them, and then shoot if they persist. To not maintain law and order will have a worse consequence.
  • Reply to: Minute by minute — Fayette takes another run at record-keeping dispute   1 day 6 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2
    People need to remind Mr. Barlow that he won the election do to his promise of transparency. See article below. Maybe he needs to pray on this. I sure hope he doesn't go back on his word. http://thecitizen.com/articles/08-21-2012/ognio-swamps-incumbent-hearn-barlow-defeats-huddleston-2-fayette-commission-post
  • Reply to: F’ville may want what PTC didn’t: Great Wolf Lodge   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass
    I prefer PTC and Fayette to Newnan and Coweta myself....carry on, not whining. The wolfpack deal wouldn't been nearly as good nor bad as some thought...just mediocre, and not a good fit for that area of town.
  • Reply to: PTC announces three candidates for police chief   1 day 8 hours ago
    AtHomeGym
    Valid question? I don't think so and for those in Law Enforcement for many years, not only invalid but insulting!
  • Reply to: Garlock to Democrats: ‘No apology from me’   1 day 9 hours ago
    Davids mom
    . . And you would be within the law. What is your point? As citizens, we all expect our law enforcement officers to protect us within the parameters of the law. It appears that a few officers have been accused of not acting within the parameters. The courts will decide.
  • Reply to: Garlock to Democrats: ‘No apology from me’   1 day 9 hours ago
    Davids mom
    Mr. Garlock said; "Perhaps Democrats’ time and angst would be better spent admitting that their party has had control of America’s major inner cities, like Detroit and Baltimore, for the last half-century, and they should contemplate the train-wreck culture of family breakdown, crime and drugs their endless taxes and government giveaway programs have wrought." What are the Republican solutions that you feel will save the inner cities of our urban areas and too many of our rural areas? What is needed to implement the proposed solutions? It is obvious that 'money' alone has not worked. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
  • Reply to: By 3-2 vote, F’ville approves Pinewood Forrest   1 day 9 hours ago
    moelarrycurly
    A couple months ago I took my first ride down Hood Rd. Everyone should just once. Yep, ginga, that bucolic life of peace and quiet is going away, thanks to those who say, "oh, it will be cool" and it will be "world-class". There are thousands who live in this county who have their own cool and world-class life already with the peace and quiet they enjoy now. I agree with you on Randy Ognio. He gets it.
  • Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 9 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Just had the power go out and back on. What a soggy mess out there.