Sunday, Apr. 26, 2015    Login | Register

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   3 min 43 sec ago
    Cyclist

Russian news reporters should not be wondering around by themselves in Baltimore.

She's very lucky.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   4 min 36 sec ago
    Cyclist

I got back from Reno but my Montreal job of last week was postponed so now I'm getting the boss's beach house ready for some quality time at the beach. I've got to play with those pesky fish!!!!

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   19 min 27 sec ago
    AtHomeGym

Just livin' up to their reputation!

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   49 min 46 sec ago
    moelarrycurly

I think it's gonna be a long hot summer in the cities.
    Are you coming or going from the soggy Gulf yet?

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   4 hours 38 min ago
    Spyglass

Get it checked.

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   5 hours 24 min ago
    AtHomeGym

Quite creative but it will never work. Stonewall Village won't work as a shopping center--didn't before and won't now. And the traffic would be horrendous. Besides, why would Bonner be interested? Stonewall Village is just right for our County offices--why mess with it? Why would anybody named Patel be interested in anything at Dolce? Nice try though.

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   5 hours 33 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I was thinking about this last night. And maybe with more emails being released, we will discover the truth.

In my humble opinion, a rookie council member should not have been placed on the FCDA board in the first place. So the mayor has to take some heat for that appointment.

I was a little annoyed that he simply quit after a defeat. We don't see the great ones go home after they strike out. The great ones dust themselves off and wait for the next pitch to slap a home run.

But then it came to me. We didn't hear much from the FCDA on this. Could it be that they were behind this all the way and used him as a pawn/puppet? And he finally realized this?

In the end, it's probably best that he resigned. He was either used as a pawn by FCDA for his inexperience, wanted to make up for his approving the raises, or simply didn't do his homework.

The mayor probably has enough time to escape the damage, but only if she appoints someone head and heels above all others to this open position.

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   8 hours 50 min ago
    Robert W. Morgan

Fayette County government that is. This is really creative and I suspect Brown or Rapson will eventually wind up taking credit,but I don't care. Just consider this as a solution to the Aberdeen Woods 38 acres. Four easy steps:
    1. Have Fayette County buy it. $6million or even a little more- a bargain.
    2. Relocate all government offices from Stonewall Village and elsewhere to Aberdeen Woods/Dolce - the classroom building only. Minimal renovation.
    3. Sell Stonewall Village back to Bill Bonner for current market value as a shopping center (which is what it was built as) and have millions in profit. Give the Main Street people a say in creating some restrictions - they will salivate over that.
    4. Sell the residential and restaurant building at Dolce to Mr.Patel -any Patel will do. He can run a first or second class hotel there and the county workers all get free lunch and 2 for 1 drinks at happy hour. More profits to the county.

And then the Rapson Brown duo can reduce our tax bills by some significant amount for the next few years and take full credit for their leadership.

Simple solutions to complex problems.

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   9 hours 9 min ago
    mudcat

That would be the best answer to both your questions.
    I don't know if he's going to run again or not, but from the first batch of e-mails it looks like he and Terry were much too supportive of the Great Wolf. Have to read the second batch to be sure, but I think Mr.King is toast for not respecting the land use plan.

And whoever said Dolce is aware of the restrictions on the property and will act accordingly - NAH! There are no restrictions. It is zoned GC. It is also severely undervalued from the purchase price of $30million and besides that Dolce doesn't even own it - some capital investment firm does. All of which is going to lead us into a sale to some bottom feeder who will have nothing but his own interests at heart. Just guessing, but maybe $6million for 38 acres? That's pretty cheap for zoned GC land in PTC - less than $160,000 per acre. Cheap enough to tear it down and start all over. I'd be worried if I lived nearby. At least we know the existing buffers are there. Maybe the county commissioner that represents that area can come up with something. Or better yet, Mike and Terry can make amends by getting a community college there.

• Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   9 hours 13 min ago
    NeilSullivan
    Thanks DM We agree on the schools though. I hope others will consider the good of the entire student population versus just their local school or even just their child. We do not currently have 5 schools with the same resources or pathway offerings so to so 5 here does not make sense. One question I think we need to answer as a community is whether we are a school system or system of schools? Can one school decide to do their own thing outside a common strategy? But to be brief I do believe we need 1-2 arts focus, 1-2 math and science and one that might be something we haven't even thought of yet. I keep saying STEM focused but not sure that's a thing. We will need to figure out transport and let go of hard attendance districts which will be a greater food fight than redistricting To be clear, I use the term tribal politics to mean any "us v them" this includes political party, city v city, or any way to separate people. But last MACE was the Metro Atlanta Coalition of Educators formed to be a teacher's union. I think it died out I appreciate you clarification. I hope we can all come to the table with good ideas and build on each other for great ideas and solutions. Take Care n
  • Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   9 hours 27 min ago
    mudcat
    I have a bigger problem than a donut, CY If my avatar gets elected President (God forbid - even with my pro-lady stance on most everything) I'm going to have to just go away.it would be too embarrassing.
  • Reply to: Classes in Obamanomics   11 hours 33 min ago
    albion

Human rights are moral, existing independent of political philosophy. Our view of these rights has changed throughout the course of human history. It was once a right to enslave other human beings and to discriminate against women, other races, religions, etc. Through time and the lens of history, we evolve and understand more about ourselves as human beings and what it means to have rights.

Voting democratically for a party or president, who then once elected enact promised legislation, can hardly be considered "forced". I freely voted for those advocating for healthcare reform. You didn't apparently. The system worked, you just don't like the outcome.

Healthcare is a right. You are on the wrong side of history. The self-induced stress of your position will make you sick, but don't worry you'll be cared for.

• Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   18 hours 53 min ago
    SPQR
    CYC Oh well, Randy's was probably a momentary impulse sort of like an online tattoo.
  • Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   23 hours 29 min ago
    Cyclist
    Hey Davids mom It appears we can no longer edit our Citizen account. Egad, I'm stuck with a Randy's Donuts avatar.
  • Reply to: Time for us to unite   1 day 1 hour ago
    BelleRinger

Every person that lives in Peachtree City decided to move here because it is a planned community. Wether you are aware of the plan or not, you are living and benefitting from it everyday. Peachtree City didn't happen by accident. That plan is clearly laid out and guided forward by the ordinances. Quite simple really, follow the ordinances to preserve the plan. We are all merely stewards of the plan moving through time. Those of us who understand this dynamic defend the plan and what is has created as countless people have over the city's 54 year history. It's about maintaining standards. GWL was looking for an exception to the plan. We are not a destination. We aren't designed for that. It is clearly stated in the city's ordinances that commercial within the city be for the benefit of the citizens and not a regional draw. I'm sure that Dolce's owners are aware of the restricted uses of the land that they own.

• Reply to: The Trail of the Wolf   1 day 1 hour ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Does this mean Mr. King does not plan to run for another term on council?

Now who is the mayor going to select for the important representative on the FCDA?

• Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   1 day 4 hours ago
    Davids mom
    Mr. Beverly: Please delete the Eisenhower quote attached to all of my posts. Thank you.
    Davids mom
    Mr. Sullivan: Your objection is duly noted. I was agreeing with your suggestion of 5 academic centers for Fayette County students that would meet their academic and interest level. I am certain the the county BOE will consider how to best meet the needs of the students in Fayette County. It was my understanding that this had nothing to do with the recent 're districting' of the voting precincts in FC. I have never been a resident of Clayton County and know little.of their political dealings. The statement at the end of my post was placed there when the site was improved and I have not been able to delete it. I am a resident of District 4. I live in Fayetteville. I volunteer in many schools and organizations in Fayette County. I have never heard of MACE. If I misunderstood your support of schools in Fayette County being organized to meet students academic needs and interests, I apologize. I did not think your post had anything to do with the current controversy over re districting, but rather how to best serve students and use teacher/ staff expertise. I guess I misunderstood the intent of your post. Sorry about your impression that I was being 'tribal'.
  • Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 6 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

currently has $100 billion in unfunded liabilities, which includes $15 billion in outstanding debt it owes to the US Treasury.

However, they did find enough moolah to buy the top of the line Snapper rider mower with a supersized cup holder and a shade awning over the drivers seat. The bad news is the only guy they have on staff who is trained and licensed to operate it is currently on Survivor and will not be back till after the finale next month. Oh, and you are spot on. Nobody at the PO does GAS.

• Reply to: Fayette BoE says it’s ’toon time at 5 high schools, SCHS first   1 day 6 hours ago
    NeilSullivan
    DM I object to your use of my comment for your purpose. I do not agree with the tribal politics in any way shape or form and that includes pitting post against post. This comes from personal experience. I lived across County Line road at the Rivers Edge subdivision. Had a great house on the golf course. Then a man by the name of Trotter, his organization MACE and others ran a slate of candidates with the motto " it's our turn now". In case you were not sure what that meant the candidate's picture was on the sign. The good news is they got their turn, the bad news is the lack of qualification and petty politics cost the Clayton County schools their accreditation and worse you all got me as a neighbor. End of the day, Leonard Presberg is a good man and excellent school board member. We disagree on many political points but I believe he would have won a county wide vote. As far as people not voting, I am not aware of any person being denied a vote in Fayette County in a very long time, but I think you may get voting confused with getting the result you wish with the opportunity to make your case and cast your one vote. As a person who has successfully led two tax increase initiatives in Fayette County with a team that spanned the zip codes of Fayette and the spectrum of God's creation, I can testify to you and others that the people of Fayette are good a reasonable people who when presented with facts delivered by hard work, will consider voting against their preordained political views. I hope you and yours are safe on this stormy day Take care neil
  • Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 6 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

by next Friday. No drudging necessary. Mother Nature decided to save the taxpayers a few million.

However, there will be a guy named Noah at the Battery boat dock with the biggest darn boat you ever saw, and he will be offering couples only rides for free next weekend to all those except the ones who live on the lake that have boats with weeds on the bottoms of them. He said it will be a mystery ride, will be BYOB, and you can bring your doggies and kitties. Casual attire requested. No RSVP needed, just show up, first come, first serve. Someone said it will be called Ark in the Park, but not quite sure about that yet.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass

Do they really have to look as bad as they do now? Can PTC Code Enforcement do anything? The Landscape/ grass/weeds are an embarassment in their current state.

I guess nobody GAS.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass

My Comcast works very well at my abode. Internet is especially good compared to neighbors who use ATT dsl.

Competition is also good, I will keep an eye out for the Nulink folks.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 day 7 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Miracles do happen.

Oh, and NuLink, the company that provides PTC city offices with certain telecommunications, has independent contractors going all over the city surveying what would be needed to provide fiber optics to homeowners. Look for them out in your neighborhood with their orange vests on and those measuring wheels and clipboards. They do not come to your door, just to the utility easements. Nothing announced so don't tell anyone, okay?

• Reply to: Roundabouts are wasteful spending   1 day 7 hours ago
    Spyglass
    As our vehicles become more effecient, this is inevitable..a raise in gas taxes...less gas burned, same roads for our vehicles. Roads do not fix themselves.