Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015    Login | Register

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   7 hours 21 min ago

Hey Gym,
    The plan is for three days at the airport but  I might be able to get the job done in two "long" days instead.  I try not stay in Taipei City since drive to the arport is a real PIA.                Real good deal on a Rolex watch; eh?  How long did it last???
    We need to have another coffee klatch.  You game?????

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   7 hours 34 min ago

Ok you said it now I HAVE to go there,,maybe someobe can answer this puzzling question about Tats.
    Folks get them for "Body Art" ok fine, but what I don;t get is why Black folks don't use White Ink, so people can see them like Black/Blue Ink on a White person? Why is this?

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   8 hours 31 min ago

Hey Cy, Taipei be one mighty fine place to spend some time! I enjoyed following citizens into lunch places to eat---sit down and order what you want from the trolleys that come around! Also got a great deal on a Rolex from the Navy Exchange there!---"long time ago"

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   8 hours 46 min ago

A black ex-police Crown Vic?  Perhaps a former Clayton County SD car.
    BTW, hello from LAX.  On the road to Taiwan.

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   12 hours 46 min ago
    G35 Dude

Even so we must ban all rapid fire hoodies. Just remember When hoodies are outlawed, only outlaws will have hoodies!!!!

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   13 hours 21 min ago

cooling off period
    The hoodie idea should be followed by a cooling off period required by the health dept. for tatoos

• Reply to: A conversation about race   16 hours 18 min ago

Is this an intentional play on words or did you just hose it up?

• Reply to: Coweta deputies seek armed robber   19 hours 16 min ago

Liberals Want Gun Control
    yet the obvious common thread in these robberies is not the race of the crook or the weapon it's the HOODIE,,we need need Hoodie Control,, say a 30 day "cooling off period" before ya can buy a Hoodie, and then a background check,,even at Yard Sales, Then once the Hoodie is legally purchased the wearer must pass a Hoodie Safety Class and buy a Open Wear Hoodie Permit .
    Think I'll submit this idea to the NHA  (National Hoodie Association)

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 9 hours ago

As Stated Earlier,
    I have put the shoes on, but have not had to walk in them,,if ya will.
    This is why I think it's kinda dishon,,,disingenuous for non Black folks to try and tell a Black man (woman) what it's all about, B U T , and I'll be sticking to my guns on this ,, CHOICES and I don't care what color ya are or what gender you are is what get's you to exactly where you are in life (Barring Medical disasters) and even then sometimes choices leads to the disaster.
    Brewster, all I can base this on is MY life experiences and things I have witnessed and apply that to learned knowledge of the human condition. and refuse to pass a Blanket Judgement on a race of people or group even simply because that's the easy road to take

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 10 hours ago

If all things being equal, southern blacks (third generation to older), have a stigma that cannot be compared to any other nationality. Now that is no excuse for poor choices and refusal to accept personal responsibility, but people have different obstacles. If someone can make a judgement on you a mile away then you have a special issue.

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 12 hours ago

Until I was 6 years old I did not speak English, We lived on the Boundry (Qualla Cherokee NC)
    I remember well, I thought the English word for our people was Mountain N. as every time we left the Boundry to go into town Murphy, Bryson City or even over to Ashville That is what we were called, very few white men (or Black men for that matter)  would hire any of the people in the boundry, When my dad got a jib at Delta in 68 he basically moved down here, bought some land and started building a house that we all moved into in 1972. As I didn;t speak English government school in Fayette back then was out of the question so I went to a Private School in Tyrone (K-12 one room school house, that's still there), I'll never forget my first day, as I stood proudly to use English and announce myself as a Mountain N named Tlaiga. I also remember quite easily my best friend from those days as we are still best of friends, and as it's said he's a Black as Night, as is his mom dad, sisters and brothers, His dad raised 8 kids NONE of whom have spent a day in jail, all of whom have at least a 4 year College degree and they each and everyone WORKED for that degree, and yes I know for a fact they were not treated right by everyone some, One day we stopped at Mundy's Drugs in Tyrone to get a Lime Sour and a candy bar on the way home from school. (I'll not mention any names but there's a Road named after the family) walked in the drug store and went nuts that a N and injun was sitting at the counter and how Tyrone was going to H in a hand basket from all of the Ben Hill trash moving in,,,, (Dr Mundy, kicked this man out of his store and told him not to come back til he grew some manners), Ya see, and THAT is what i remember the most, a WHITE man (of some importance) telling a dirt farmer off on OUR behalf, It was THESE people I admired and wanted to learn from rather than living in the past worring about things I could not more change that I could turn off the sun. I've listened for years about why _____ folks can't get ahead because they live in Dixie,,ok fine so what's the excuse in Chicago? or NY? of DC or LA?
    Is there still bigotry in Ga ? ABSOLUTELY ,,but the dirty little secret is there is NO place humans live that doesn't have Bigotry  the trick is ,,Stop living in the past for there's no future there and stop worring about what other people are prejustice about usually because they are in fact too stupid to see anything but a perfect image in the mirror

• Reply to: A conversation about race   1 day 13 hours ago
    The Apolitical President

Dear Citizens,
    The American education system should teach religion, morality and knowledge.  Then America will be able to produce virtuous congressmen, presidents and supreme court judges.  This appears to be no longer possible.
    Some will at best argue, other will teach.  Our federal government was intended to teach religion, morality and knowledge to future American citizens and others.  Otherwise, our Founders would not have acted to create an American federal government intended to allow citizens to be happy.
    American government, de facto, has seized to exist as American citizens have known it.  America does not teach religion.  Talk of morality in America is nonexistent.  The knowledge presented to Americans today has been severely limited by partisan talking points; often times ignoring truth purposefully.
    America's government (Congress, President, Supreme Court) has been corrupted and has become dysfunctional.  America's Foundation (religion, morality, knowledge) will live on well after American government has been swept away.  American citizens were intended to learn the laws which came before established American government was constituted upon such apriori law.
    We wonder what governmet will replace the original American government.  One thing we can say for sure is that it too will be built upon religion, morality and knowledge, and most likely no longer similar to the governments built by ancient Isrealites, medieval Anglo-Saxons, or eighteenth century Americans.
    Peace, Justice and Truth

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 14 hours ago

I grew up in a farming community in  Eastern NC in the 1950s--my Father was the Overseer for several Farms, some owned by his employers, some rented. As such, he was responsible for making sure people & equipment all showed up at the right place to get work done. Of course all the laborers were Black folks, some lived in Tenant houses on the farms and others had to be trucked to the place of work in the morning and returned home at night. I worked in the fields right alongside the other workers, crawling on hands & knees down Tobacco rows in 100+ temps. Normally, I was the only Caucasian They were poor as far as material things were concerned but I never heard them complain about their status.  They worked hard, kept clean houses (I was in them often) and raised their kids right.  I was very close to some of them and in fact, when I left home for college and then the Army,, whenever I came home, my first two stops were home, then my Aunt's house and then to one or the other of the two closest Black families.  I did then and still believe that they were just as glad to see me as my relatives were!  So it's not fair to paint all them with the same brush--I know it just ain't so!

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 15 hours ago

Didn't mean to be grave robbing. Just don't accept the comparison of peoples struggles as if they are all generally the same. I don't believe any group has an equal obstacle comparison to black folk born and raised in Dixie.

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 17 hours ago

Happy Turkey, Ham, Beans SweetTater and Pecan Pie Day !
    As an outside observer (meaning i am not Black so I can't speak intelligently of what it is to be Black in America) I can however speak of what it is like to be a Minority, and what I see is people that CHOOSE to fail , They accomplish this failure very easily by the constant Living in the Past rather than planing and working of THEIR future
    did blacks have to ride in the back of the bus? were my ancestors wholesale murdered by the federal and state governments? yes to both And I see people of my race constantly bring these things up, just as I hear alot of Blacks bringing up they way things were, This is a recipe for absolute Failure, of course we have to KNOW the past and learn from it but holding people alive today that had NOTHING to do with such evil ,,is evil in itself.
    I love my heritage I respect my bloodline, I enjoy our dances and traditions I appreciate knowing our native language , but I also LOVE driving a car and being a Pilot not to mention indoor plumbing is awesome. Point is Brewster, digging up the past is a form of Grave Robbing, trying to live there ,,can only surround a person with ghost and smelly corpse's, that all of their time will be spent talking about the smell, rather than leaving them in the ground and tending to the advances THEY made ....

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 19 hours ago

I am with you about choices and decisions, but your example of non whites moving here in the 80's is not the same as home grown black folk. There are current immigrants from Africa who succeed as you describe but talking about black Americans they are faced with a whole different set of obstacles, the main one being the color of their skin and their environment.

• Reply to: President Obama orders Justice Dept. to ignore U.S. law   1 day 21 hours ago

To to be honest about this, The Rich get richer,,because the continue to make decisions that made them rich in the first place, (40hr week is just getting started; education, starts the day they grad from College; and they absolutely take FULL responsibility for their decisions ect) and Poor remain poor because they continue to make the decisions that keep them poor (lottery, booze, uneducated. dope, multiple babies (all over the place)
    II's have very little to do with this equation other than to point out just how true this is.  I personally know 4 guys from Panama, Columbia, Southern Mexico, and Honduras, They came here in the 80's and rather than sitting around waiting om handouts they worked, they saved, they planned, an they now each own their own successful business, (between the 4 they employ +100 American Citizens ) now if an Other than White Skin person can come to a "Strange Country" with an entirely different language, and work themselves from nothing (financially) to having homes/property in excess of $1m,,, point is CHOICES and DECISIONS makes a person rich or poor (barring medical catastrophes)
    One last thing on this, Voting for a Politician that say's he will transform America and change the poor, by advocating taking Money form those that earn it to give to those that refuse to try , will NEVER solve proverty,, Just remember Politicians are the RICH , do you really think they will make a law that relieves them of their wealth? ,,Hello ????