Saturday, May. 28, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   12 hours 22 min ago
    JessieJames1847

PTC O
    Since you went to the trouble to say these names and dates, and they Obviously mean something to you, I know you don;t know me but I promise none the less,Tomorrow at 0904 and 0910 I WILL remove my hat and speak their Names, Thank you for sharing  (Hope some others here do the same)

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   12 hours 34 min ago
    PTC Observer

In memoriam Hospital Corpsman Armando Leal and Chaplain Lieutenant Vincent Capodanno KIA, September 4, 1967, they died together and entered heaven together.
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”  John 15:13
    We will never forget you…….Semper fidelis
    HM Richard Stallings, KIA September 10, 1967, always remembered.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   13 hours 16 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Mudcat
    This is NOT about $15/hr, Minimum wage has NEVER been about the people that make that wage, Government Force ( AKA Killing Liberty) has NEVER and WILL NEVER be about Citizens betterment, Ask a Soviet how well Minimum Wages worked for them

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   13 hours 58 min ago
    mudcat

What they gonna do is push your chicken through the pipe after you order and then you grab it, pluck it and kill it if you want (or not) and send it back and they will cook it and send it back on a bun. And "they" will be robots that don't protest, take smoking or bathroom breaks and certainly show up on time. They don't even sneak food out for their families because thay have none.

i think Chick-fil-A is less vulnerable to the robot invasion into fast food than all others, but the idiots promoting a $15 minimum wage should really think about how many of their own they will put out of work. It is basic economics, but those have not studied economics may not understand all that.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   17 hours 45 min ago
    SPQR

Problem corrected itself after about 24 hours. Trying to report an issue like this is a waste of time because you can only speak to an ESL script reader.  Thanks for the response.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   19 hours 26 min ago
    TinCan

I use both and just fininshed reading my e-mail.  Must not be a universal Uverse problem.  Or maybe they haven't gotten to me yet.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   19 hours 57 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Abuse Trouble & Trash
    is giving you problems? naw say it aint so

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   21 hours 23 min ago
    SPQR

Uverse has done something with their e mail server to block Microsoft Outlook. After a futile 45 minute chat session it seem they can resolve the problem if I enroll in some sort of maintenance program for X dollars. The problem is clearly theirs since multiple machines failed Outlook at the same time. This may be a problem from one local server or it may be large scale extortion.

• Reply to: Starr’s Mill High School eases into transgender issue   22 hours 33 min ago
    JessieJames1847

I'm waiting,
    This issue WILL find it's way to the Military, Transgendered without the actual transistion, to avoid combat duty, or to GET combat duty,

• Reply to: Starr’s Mill High School eases into transgender issue   23 hours 13 min ago
    rmoc

This entire thing is silly
    I am sorry but this about 3 things..one is the privacy of the other folks. It seems that the needs of the very few are outweighing the needs of the rest. I have a transgender cousin who is my age, he never went to full change but I wouldn't want him using the locker room to shower since this would subject the girls to seeing his private parts which would intrude on the other students. This is common sense for goodness sake! The second issue is that men's washrooms are not as private as womens and men should not be subjected to a physically women seeing their junk. The 3rd issue is that this rule allows perverts to pervert its intent and may be able avoid prosecution for peeping or worse. ...now the Statement that it was the parents of the students..wow how would the parents know if the students did not remark on it. Next thing you know the government is going to require individual bathrooms at all public places. The other issue is that transgender does not mean that you are gay. Look at Caitlyn Jenner, who feels like a woman but still has relations with women.

• Reply to: 4 runoffs emerge from Fayette primary voting; incumbents see mixed results   23 hours 20 min ago
    NeilSullivan

Mudcat disagree, the infrastructure is way past due and is a result of the neglect by past councils servicing the no tax but spend mentality like in Washington without the debt. 54/74 fix is needed if we ever want to attract anything here business wise. The lake I dont know, but hell no to Arts Center (wait for it)

• Reply to: Obama’s odd definition of ‘democracy’   23 hours 50 min ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Freddy - - With your typical elegant prose, I now find our President is a far-right nationalist. For years he has been accused of being a liberal leftist who loves every other country more than America. Now he’s out-trumping Trump? What a transformation!

• Reply to: Get ready to jam – Roller derby is coming to Fayetteville   1 day 26 sec ago
    ohmygosh

I seem to recall a similar venture two years ago from another team.  Fayetteville jammers or something?  anyhoo with all the Delta Trophy Wives and Soccer Moms in this county, I have my doubts that anyone would be interested

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 2 hours ago
    JessieJames1847
    STF

STF

"Why can’t religious people do the same when a person who wholly identifies with their gender shares a restroom?: .......................................................................................................................................................
    in fact I believe they can and that this is NOT the issue, What I keep hearing is the same concern I have with this "male parts in a girls bathroom" issue, is just that , I'll be completely Honest, when I was 14,15 or so and the Government was telling me I can go into the Girls Locker room and see some boobs ,,,,, Then there's the creepy guy factor, ya know the guy sitting in the stall next to some fathers daughter having a crisis.............................................................................................................................................. On this issue I'm very willing to put religion aside, as this is NOT a religious issue, this is a duh issue, Obama is using this to distract,  0.03% of the US Population is NOT a concern for politicians to jeopardize their job over, If Americans can be distracted enough,,, REAL damage to our REAL liberties can be eroded yet again...........................................................................................................................................................
    Besides Brewster has already SOLVED this issue for Fayette County Schools, Port a Potties

• Reply to: 4 runoffs emerge from Fayette primary voting; incumbents see mixed results   1 day 4 hours ago
    mudcat

No clue on Everton                                                                         I'm sure Pulte who now owns Wieland (didn't see that coming when this was approved) is capable of bending the rules in their favor, but these resales are all over town with only a few off of MacDuff. Those $36 million in infrastructure improvements aren't really needed,but they are on PTC's wish list of how to spend other people's money without actually raising taxes - although I still view a sales tax as a tax, I'velearned that elected people do not. Odd.

Be interesting to hear what's behind the resales and what Pulte is doing.

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 8 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Rev. JJ – We’re mostly in agreement here. The context of this discussion is the apoplectic horror of conservatives to sharing a bathroom with a person who identifies with their gender. There are fully three editorials and three published letters to the editor in this week’s Citizen on this nonissue.

To answer your question, I can certainly divert my attention from any unwelcomed references to a deity at a sporting event or anywhere else. Indeed, I routinely ignore these government sponsored incursions on my beliefs without a second thought. My question back: Why can’t religious people do the same when a person who wholly identifies with their gender shares a restroom? The conservatives expect all people to bow to their every religious sensitivity while they steamroll over any dissenting opinion by declaring supremacy of some ancient holy writing. In the Middle East, the religious conservatives cut your head off for offending their monotheistic deity. In Georgia, they pass misnamed “religious liberty” laws. Good luck attempting to differentiate their intents.

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 8 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

I'm pleased that you understand your illogical argument!

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 10 hours ago
    Bastiat

Thank you for proving my point. I could not have been more effective.

• Reply to: 4 runoffs emerge from Fayette primary voting; incumbents see mixed results   1 day 10 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

mudcat

You looked at the wrong headlines.  When The Citizen headlined $36 million in infrastructure fixes needed on the same day as the election, which headline do you think caused latte drinkers in PTC to read it and expel hot beverages out through their nostrils at a high rate of speed?  A second round of eye opening "enough already" for those who just got their property eval in the mail the week before, too.

If not that, then Pulte has just pulled a fast one to get their Everton off to a riproaring start. I bet the big haired mayor knows the answer, and bet you do, tooooo.  "Fess up, whass upppp.

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 11 hours ago
    JessieJames1847
    STF

STF
    I get what you are saying, I can even imagine how one could be made to feel uncomfortable with as you suggest the constant referral to God, but here's MY question to you, on a $1.00 bill it states "In God We Trust" ,,,STF can you explain how these mere words infringe on your Life? Liberty? or Property? or when at a sporting event when a prayer is made (and BEFORE YOU buy the ticket you KNOW this is part of the event) again where is the FORCE on you that infringes on your Life Liberty or Property, ( I mean when the guy is praying are you physically unable to pop open a beer and have a swig?, are you being deprived of ???  Don't get me wrong here STF, this whole Sunday booze sales thing.... well to an Honest person just shows how UNcommitted church goers are to the teachings of Christ, as are the other "make ya moral" laws are. My personal favorite one is Putting an ADULT in jail because he or she rented a body part that is ONLY a crime if not given away, (iow) A woman can have sex with 1,000,000 men and no law has been broken but when she charges the 1 Million and first guy a Penny, she is now a criminal. The absurdity of these laws can ONLY come from misguided pew sitters too lazy to read their proclaimed religious text for themselves ,,the whole point of this is simple, when athiest try to use government to FORCE PRIVATE entities from religious endevors practices or declarations they are JUST as guilty of Liberty Killing as are those that try and FORCE a "moral" removal of choice

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   1 day 11 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Interesting, so now gender dysphoric persons are miscreants because they differ from the religious majority? This constitutes government overreach?

Let’s talk government overreach from the conservative religious perspective. A woman can’t control her own uterus in most conservative states because the government imposes ceaseless new rules to prevent abortion. I can’t buy beer before noon on Sunday because some religious person is attending church. I am forced to hear about god constantly on my money, in pledges, at confirmations, etc. to satisfy some religious person who knows what is best for me. The list goes on and on.

Pretzel logic is an apt descriptor for swallowing these camels while straining at bathroom gnats.

• Reply to: 4 runoffs emerge from Fayette primary voting; incumbents see mixed results   1 day 13 hours ago
    mudcat

Realtor expert question                                                     So, how come in the 2 days since the election 21 resale homes in PTC were listed on the MLS. Usual pace is 1 or 2 a day and that is also the pace at which they sell. Realtor person tell us - is it just springtime that brings these listings out? Or is it the election? And if so how? What happened in the election that could possibly spook 21 PTC homeowners? Haddix coming in next to last? Na. Barlow leaving? Naaaa. Oddo? No way he influences PTC.

I mean 21 houses suddenly up forr resale. Sounds like a gas leak or a virus if they were all together, but they are not.

• Reply to: ‘Gender identity’ is an invented ‘right’   1 day 13 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

STF, they had this all year, and no problems, except a few nutcase moms.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   1 day 14 hours ago
    mudcat

Good stuff Doug                                                           Logic can inspire thought among thinking people and mostly we don't see that on here. Glad you do and glad to help whenever I can.

DougTucker

Mudcat, I'm pleased to read you're not a conspiracy theorist.  Though I do not always agree with your opinion, your logic does frequently give me thought.