Monday, May. 4, 2015    Login | Register

• Reply to: Six area high schools make the grade   2 hours 44 min ago
    peachy
    How is "challenging" defined, please?
  • Reply to: Card theft suspect nabbed   8 hours 5 min ago
    peachy
    Used to love it here, but it's getting way too creepy.
  • Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   8 hours 24 min ago
    moelarrycurly

Is this guy just a walking nightmare? He isn't talking. Should top the PTC story, by far. Best D.A. Danny Porter will be in charge. Go to work to show a home and this? Hope she can recover, regardless.

• Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   12 hours 14 min ago
    G35 Dude

Mr Garlock,

I agree with you for the most part. And I might bite my tongue when Colleges that live off the public dole back up these idiots right to be idiots except for one thing. If these protesters had been burning Koran's, would VSU have responded the same way? Where is the line drawn?

• Reply to: Part 2 On the trail of Great Wolf emails   12 hours 25 min ago
    Robert W. Morgan
    Nobody gonna change it. It is what it is . And as much as I hate people spouting that pap, It really is what it is. PTC O, no change ever. Not at the local level and certainly not at the state and national level. We are lucky to have lived the last 30 or 40 years. Vietnam recovery wasn't pleasant, but Reagan's Presidency certainly was. Bush/Clinton/ Bush good times. I bought myself a very decent retirement through real estate in those years. Now we have a government hunting people like me to get some extra tax money to do whatever. So, back to your question - nothing is gonna change except the actors on the stage. I am glad I will be dead in 10 years and I feel good that I have provided for my daughters - even though they are both self-sufficient. Our Grandkids are going to grow up in a different country than the one we have known. So will your's and others. Nothing will change. The losers will still gravitate to government and try to rule us (remember Valerie Jarrett's scree- we will be ready to rule) and rule us they will. I guess the only hope is after these liberal fools wreck the economy, the guys on Wall Street and elsewhere will get excited and elect one of their own as President. Of course by then it will be too late.
  • Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   12 hours 33 min ago
    bladderq

My point of BAL was more about why US citizens might have reason to stomp on the flag of their country. Why they might feel so disenfranchised Many Jews also proudly served Germany before the Nazi took over. Would you critized them for defacing the flag of their country?
    & was the failed "socialist" on the police union or on the "socialist" Republic of BAL or MD? Do you think the 6 policeman are happy to have a UNION representing & Standing w/ them? How's that union thang working out for that cop in SC..a "Right to 'work' State"

• Reply to: DOT unveils plans for roundabouts on Hwy. 92 South   13 hours 24 min ago
    moelarrycurly
    WSB TV just did a story on these roundabouts.
  • Reply to: Part 2 On the trail of Great Wolf emails   14 hours 8 min ago
    AtHomeGym
    PTC-O & Change I normally don't cmt on PTC issues but I will make an exception here. I wouldn't blame all the perceived non-action on the Mayor & Council. You can't expect them to be totally tuned in to all that is going on when they are faced with decisions. I suspect they rely heavily on staff advice and recommendations--not an unusual case, I suggest, for city elected officials.
  • Reply to: Part 2 On the trail of Great Wolf emails   17 hours 30 sec ago
    PTC Observer
    RWM --------- I agree with most of this but the question is who's going to change it?
  • Reply to: Brown accuses Oddo-led BoC of ‘censoring’ minutes, ‘hijacking’ issues   17 hours 25 min ago
    PTC Observer
    video can be legal if the commissioner vote to make them the legal minutes. My suggestion is to summarize what is on the video minutes, edit this summary onto the front end of the video and make the entire summary and video the official minutes of the meeting. The fact that they don't do this is simply because they want to make the minutes a political document that highlights one point of view or another. There is nothing, nothing at all keeping them from doing this, except politics. They don't need to change processes or procedures, they can approve the minutes from the last meeting including the summary of the minutes. Each video minutes would be available as files on the county website by date and the summaries available via a PDF file. OK commissioners, let's get it done.
  • Reply to: Part 2 On the trail of Great Wolf emails   17 hours 54 min ago
    dar thompson
    RWM- You are 100% dead-on when evaluating local governments. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've heard "Well we've been doing it this way for 20 years". Do not offer facts, or logic when presenting information that will be beneficial and in the long-term best interest to our city. Keep in mind, this is only if you can get anyone who will listen. Linear thinking is out of the question, so providing "cause and effect" scenario's are not an option.
  • Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   22 hours 13 min ago
    Spyglass

He showed some serious range with his musical selections.

• Reply to: Brown accuses Oddo-led BoC of ‘censoring’ minutes, ‘hijacking’ issues   22 hours 15 min ago
    Spyglass
    Are video minutes legal in Georgia? My google search says they are legal in some states, I only saw a reference to written minutes re Georgia. All motions, votes, substantive discussion etc.
  • Reply to: Brown accuses Oddo-led BoC of ‘censoring’ minutes, ‘hijacking’ issues   1 day 10 hours ago
    conditon55
    Steve Brown, he's not commission chair anymore. If he had better collaborative acumen, maybe, but no. Apparently commission decided to pay the dues necessary to contain the rouge
    ginga1414
    At Home, I Support Certain Issues..... I am more of an issues supporter than an individual supporter. Right now, there seems to be some discord among several commissioners. But I think that is to be expected when there are a group of folks who all feel passionate about different issues. I really can't speak for any of our commissioners, but it seems to me that Commissioner Brown has very strong feelings about Constitutional Rights. He doesn't want anyone's Constitutional Rights diminished. He also seems very concerned with delivering an open government to his constituents. And, I think, our current Chairman is very concerned with running the commission in an efficient and proper manner. Our commissioners are just like the rest of us. Each one has his strong points and his weaknesses. Like everyone else here, I struggle to keep that in mind whenever opposing opinions arise.
    conditon55
    This has been the pattern going back over ten years. As Mayor of PTC and now on the commission. Whining Baby with a bippy. Unable to work with others, Disrespectful. Spoiled brat. Always acrimonious. Only happy when he is top dog riding roughshod over others. Well it certainly looks like Fayette County Council had a belly full of it. Not doubt it results in lawsuits in the end. Rainy day fund for lawyering then voters clean house in the next election.
  • Reply to: Sex arrest made at PTC drug store   1 day 13 hours ago
    G35 Dude
    I don't think it is entrapment. Not if the perpetrator makes first contact online. To me it's no different than using an undercover female office to catch John's. It's all about who made first contact.
  • Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   1 day 14 hours ago
    PTC Observer

a proud socialist, it's not unpredictable that you would drag in the Baltimore issue. Baltimore is a pit of snakes, rats and failed socialist policy. This includes the corruption on the Baltimore police department and its union. No one says it better than Jeff Tucker:

• Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   1 day 14 hours ago
    PTC Observer

history is not taught in government schools, what is taught is more leftist propaganda than history. It's as Mr. Garlock put down here, the government school system has been taken over by the socialists and they are using it to turn our children against the idea of a Constitution and our exceptional country. Unless of course they can make the Constitution itself a tool for their philosophy. If you really want to do something, demand that the education of our children be taken out of the hands of the politicians and public unions. The kids that are desecrating the flag are merely doing what they have been taught. Forgive them, they know not what they do.

• Reply to: Brown accuses Oddo-led BoC of ‘censoring’ minutes, ‘hijacking’ issues   1 day 14 hours ago
    PTC Observer
    He's not only a whining voice on the board he is uncivil and attempting to intimidate the other board members. Really, I don't like to personally attack anyone, but this guy is over the top. It's not a dictatorship it's a board of EQUALLY elected board members. Would any of you invite a guy like this into your homes? If so, please don't invite me I don't want to be anywhere around someone like this.
  • Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   1 day 15 hours ago
    MYTMITE

that uses the American flag as a prop. Neither will I buy any clothing or product using the flag. I believe too many people have died for our flag to desecrate it in any way, but that is my opinion. As for the idiots burning or trampling the flag while they enjoy the freedoms that many fought and died for makes me want to slap them silly. Shows their ignorance and probably their up-bringing. But if we are all to have rights they must also be given to those whose actions we disagree with. I really would have it no other way. But I still would like to do what their parents' evidently never did and that is to smack them, then make them read some history of the battles that were fought by our service personnel, to ensure them the right to be jackasses.

• Reply to: Sex arrest made at PTC drug store   1 day 15 hours ago
    MYTMITE
    Spy, I would rather this creep be taken off the streets where he cannot harm any child. Since in all cases I have ever heard of or read of, resulted in the pervert being apprehended, I think this is much better than be unaware of this pervert who was probably already 'visiting' our fair town. Just my feeling on this situation. In South FL this is used often and takes many child molesters off the streets. As far as I am concerned anything that keeps the scum away from our children is okay with me.
  • Reply to: Universities, rights and responsibilities   1 day 15 hours ago
    Davids mom

Mr.Garlock said;

Well, of course, what better way to call attention to your favorite gripe than to insult the country that provides you a safe life and opportunity envied by the world while protecting your right to be stupid?

Interesting comment in the view of the current 'media' attention being given to alleged police brutality against males of a certain 'hue'. One can love this country dearly, be proud of its progress and promise and still comment on some of the discrepancies in the implementation of our law. This protest is bringing to the country's attention that not all are provided a safe life and opportunity envied by the world. The perpetrators of the incident in Baltimore were BLACK AND WHITE police persons. The majority of victims of this alleged crime have been predominantly of one hue - but I'm sure that other Americans have suffered from police brutality. When all start being concerned about the treatment of Americans in our country, we will start to heal from the disease of 'racism'. I hope that your daughter will be exposed to an honest version of the magnificent history of our country and its progress towards implementing the words and hope which express the true capitalistic/democracy in the United States. I hope she will feel comfortable in expressing her point of view - and be willing to listen to the views of others who MAY disagree with her point of view. That is what is exciting about a 'college' education. Congratulations on providing a young American with a fabulous journey into womanhood. Thanks for sharing your 'conservative' viewpoint.

• Reply to: Brown accuses Oddo-led BoC of ‘censoring’ minutes, ‘hijacking’ issues   1 day 15 hours ago
    AtHomeGym
    ginga & commission minutes Ya Know, if there was really something fishy going on, I believe the County Attorney would recognize it and put a stop to it. I know you are a Brown supporter but you gotta admit he seems to be the only whining voice on the Board.
  • Reply to: Sex arrest made at PTC drug store   1 day 19 hours ago
    mudcat
    Borderline entrapment it seems to me. I asked Chief Murray about this years ago when it started and I think he said this was a better outcome than having an actual teen victim and I have to agree. I also think there was something about it being a more solid case if the weirdo had to travel to a prearranged meeting. Looks like this genius either just got off probation or was about to. This might get him 5 or 6 years of real hard time. I do worry that one of these perverts will get a smart lawyer without scruples who will get him off by proving entrapment and then the luring oeration will stop and we will read about real teenage victims, some of whom will be unable or unwilling to testify against the scum. I suppose there is some reciprocity and even tip-offs about suspects among different cooperating cities or counties. Seems like an excellent use of resources to me