Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: PTC cops searching for missing woman   1 hour 18 min ago
    moelarrycurly

JJ There is going to be a search at 9AM Sunday starting at the boat docks at Battery Park at Lake Peachtree.  They are asking for volunteers to divide and search in teams. Or if you cannot do the physical search, they are asking for bottled water and snack donations.  Someone created a facebook page-Help Find Mia-Search Party if you want to read more.  She has left before for a few days, apparently, and it says she wanders into the woods.   Coweta County allowed use of a search helicopter with heat-sensing equipment Friday evening, apparently, with no luck.
    Prior posts on facebook said she works at Kedron Kroger, very nice lady.  I know no one should speculate but I have been known to do so. Dementia is not a disease where you pack your bag when you leave.  Other mental/emotional issues, yes, not dementia.  I am speculating this is more a holiday/family issue than anything else.  Maybe that is why we have not heard much about it.  Whatever the reason, like everyone else, pray she is ok and will be in touch with her family.

• Reply to: PTC cops searching for missing woman   4 hours 40 min ago
    JessieJames1847

December 3
    And not ONE comment about this missing lady,,,,,,,NOT ONE word of how to search or look for her,,IN OUR COUNTY........Shame on ALL of US

• Reply to: Now it will be cool to ride the school bus in Fayette   10 hours 50 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Congratulations to Dr. Barrow for being voted state Supt of the Year.

• Reply to: The God gap   11 hours 17 min ago
    SPQR

Murchison is an old time religion guy in the tradition of Cotton Mather and just can't resist injecting his relegious belief set into current issues. He's not alone of course.

• Reply to: Fayetteville’s Chase Bank robbed Tuesday   13 hours 37 min ago
    secretagent81

Advice for businesses and homeowners:  Place cameras so that they are not shooting down from above.  Too easy to mask face with hoodie/hat.  Also, new camera systems are 1080p and shoot well in low light/nightvision.  Old blurry pictures do NOTHING to help catch bad guys and they know it.
    Tip:  Fake $10 camera housing aimed downward in plain view...real (HIGH DEF) cam is hidden and aimed straght about 5.5 ft off ground.
    If you have a reasonable argument to kill them, do it.

• Reply to: PTC should require horns on golf carts   14 hours 54 min ago
    SPQR

End it all                                                                                             If I decide it's time to go to the other side of the great divide I'll start walking on the cart path adjacent to McIntosh high school

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 10 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

STF : )
    : ) you are finally RIGHT  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 10 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

I have no data to confirm or refute your descriptions of liberal charitable donations. I would be interested to discover the source if you do. However, if you are correct, it bodes poorly for the destitute as they receive little from personal donations from either end of the political spectrum. Btw, I hope safe and legal abortion clinics are being funded as they save us taxpayers a significant amount of money.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 10 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Now Rev. JJ - That last line wasn't very nice.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 11 hours ago
    zerpsed

Ok, so i tossed you an easy one.  Just wanted to make sure you've been paying attention.  i'll play the same game:  Liberals tend to donate to "real charities" like the arts, save the polar bear, save that old building down the street, and save the local baby abortion clinic (you know, the one in the Black neighborhood, where the majority are located).  Throwing crumbs to the hungry dude is an after thought.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 12 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Brewster
    YUP I just accused you of having WAY better English word skills than I. But I suspect our friends feet are much like ours with ten toes, although I do have suspicion they fit in his mouth better than ours or maybe it's a different orifice they reside in,,,, not sure just a guess

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 13 hours ago
    brewster

JJ - did you just accuse me of being a linguistic specialists? That is preposterous ( I think ). The more our buddy attempts to display an understanding of the topic, the more he trips over his own cloven hoof.  Someone who uses the phrase Reverand to mock someone tells me a lot about what type of alleged religious exposure they are basing their "insight" on.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 14 hours ago
    JessieJames1847
    STF

STF
    1ST and FOREMOST, unlike Brewster, I am NOT a linguistics specialist (had to even look up that word to spell it right), I'm more common language "in you face typist" I've explained this in the past and can only hope some folks remember this when I come across ,,,,, well "in your face" In person because of TONE and facial expressions others can SEE while direct I'm not so forceful. All of this being re said. Brewster is absolutely correct as are you about the Beam and speck thingy, WE ALL (self included) need a serious dose of SELF examination before we get to preaching to others,,,Nothing more off putting than a Preacher telling me about how bad Booze is when HE'S drunk. I think,, and I am NOT putting words into zerpsped typing he? will speak for him?self. but there IS this knowledge that I can and WILL back up with PAGES of historical evidence that when ya hear a Liberal talk about "Charity" it's almost ALWAYS followed by the suggestion that Government must be empowered to FORCE such "Charity" and then we find out (when they run for office) Democrats ARE the least giving group, Point of reference google Obama's Charity giving record prior to 2008, It was LESS than 2% including his giving to his Rev Wrights Racist Church (yet no one points out the TIME he gave to people to help them with personal issues,,and that too is Charity) ,,while this is just one example, it's repeated time and time again with other Democrats in comparison to Conservatives, YES it's reported by Biased sources, as it's NEVER mentioned of the BILLIONS Bill Gates, Oprah, Buffet, and even Soros contribute,,, ,,,This is why at the end of the day, CHARITY is a personal issue, one that can NOT be forced, and can NOT even be Preached About (turns out people that have never heard about Jesus, Mohamed, or Jehovah, are Charitable) which to me tells me above all else, BEAM and SPECK is THE issue when folks start yacking about Charity

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 15 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Many Faith-Based Charities Do Wonderful Deeds – I harbor no ill-will toward many faith-based charities and have personally contributed to three of the faith-based charities cited in Rev. JJ's post because I believe them to be effective in assisting the needy. I have a different view of church donations than do you. Nevertheless, zerpsed’s post asserting that conservatives are more philanthropic than liberals is highly misleading without the caveat that church donations (which are largely used for the good of the congregation instead of the hungry, homeless, and infirmed) skew his statistics.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 15 hours ago
    Stranger than Fiction

Brewster - You offer a reasonable criticism of me and one which I must consider. I can assist in removing the speck from your eye much more efficiently if I first excise a plank from my own. Thank you for the insight.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 15 hours ago
    brewster

JJ - deitiphobia blocks the knowledge you explained so well. Hilarious how STF accused others of Scapegoating an entire group because of the behaviors of a small portion of that group and then does the same with church folk.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 15 hours ago
    brewster

• Reply to: Mixed retail-apartment project planned for heart of Fayetteville   1 day 16 hours ago
    moelarrycurly

Here's a motivater.  No workie, no money, no warm bed, no car, no phone, no credit card, no foodie.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 17 hours ago
    rmoc

STF - You are correct in most of your assumptions. The majority of crimes in FC are performed by Black folks but the majority are from out of the county. Most of the Black residents of FC came here to escape the crime of the surrounding counties and you are correct that the median income of these folks are higher than "white" residents. There are pockets of  the "welfare" class in FC but they are small. The big issue is that so many of these folks still support the Democrats and they have created the nanny state which has led to the issues with folks from the surrounding counties. I have always maintained it is a class issue not a race issue. If you go to some of the rural areas in Georgia and Alabama there are crime problems with the "white" welfare class. I even have a cousin who has been repeatedly arrested for many things ...I especially liked the arrest for trying to cook meth in his police officer brother's house..Stupid is as Stupid does...

• Reply to: Mixed retail-apartment project planned for heart of Fayetteville   1 day 17 hours ago
    Husband and Father of 2

The COC is sponsoring an event for business owners. How to manage and motivate millenials.  Really?  A seminar specific to a group that you have to motivate and manage?  What happened to hiring people who actually want to work and put forth an effort.

• Reply to: Clerk held at gunpoint in Fayetteville robbery   1 day 20 hours ago
    JessieJames1847
    STF

STF
    'Your understanding of ACTUAL events it seems is very lacking it appears you've read an article in the Atheist Times and have decided you like what you read and will regurgitate it with or with out accuracy or truth,, ya know just like some Christians do about "it's in the Bible"   Which reminds me the more and more you mock , the more and more you remind me of Pew Sitters It's amazing just how mirror like atheist and pew sitters are actually,  Tell me STF, How much does an LDS Pastor make ? or the Pastor at an AME church? I wonder do you know how much it cost a family to admit and have a loved one at SouthWest Christian Hospice? Or How about Shriner's Hospital ? or How about Fayette Samaritans do you have any idea did the Gym or the Samaritans building cost more ? How much to the people get paid? and just maybe You've never heard of Christian City, or Southern Baptist Children Home, I'll also bet you have no idea just how many Hundreds of Millions members of the World Changers Church have spent feeding clothing housing the poor, How about Toy's for Tots, ya do realize this is Religious Marines who started this outstanding mission, ALL of these examples in comparison to United Way? ya know the CEO makes MILLIONS every year, Red Cross dido , NAACP yup, Clinton Foundation Hundreds of Millions in pay to the CEO and Board of Directors, in fact ONLY 6% of donated monies goes to the needy.
    Mock all ya want, all it really spotlights is the lacking of actually knowledge every time you engage in your religious practice