Tuesday, Mar. 3, 2015    Login | Register

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 6 min ago

It would be nice to see who's posting in the "recent comments" section of the home page.
    maybe you've done this but let us know where we can post suggestions to improve the site.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 12 min ago

Thanks, Cyclist.  I'll exercise some patience (pun intended).

Oh my, MY
    Couldn't have said it better myself.  Well, could have, but didn't.  Would have but wouldn't.  Should have, but shidn't.  Do you accept checks or just cash? :)

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 26 min ago

KM, I think maybe MLC was only saying that people should use common sense and not leave anything that would entice a thief to break into their car.   This would sure save time and effort on everyone's part--the police, when called who have to make out a report.  The car owner who has to file an insurance report and possibly get a window repaired--and then there is the loss of time replacing the taken items.  Sure seems to me that a minute or two at the beginning making sure nothing is visible to  anyone with ulterior motives  makes more sense.  By the way, I too go to a gym and work out.   Some people are there to get healthy, some people are there to show off their new outfits and some are there to show off their pecs and abs.  That's what makes the world go round--all different kinds of people----

• Reply to: Called meeting Wed. after Oddo, Brown squabble over tax bill resolution   1 hour 30 min ago

Popcorn Time!!!

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 34 min ago

Ask and ye shall receive!  Thanks Mr. Beverly and staff--wish everything I wanted was granted as quickly--or maybe not.  The site keeps getting better and better.  Appreciate all the hard work.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 36 min ago

Thin skinned or just thin?
    You know, I could do a reply, I could do a number, I could, I would, I should.  But I won't.  Too easy, too elementary, my dear.  We all have cranky days.  Tomorrow will be better, a little rain will fall, the thermometer might inch up to that glorious 70 range, and daffodils are blooming.  Just tell Dar we miss him. A great day to you, too.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 43 min ago

Yes sirreee, thank you to Cal and The Citizen for the recent comments update!
    I am still searching for Letters to the Editor, but haven't dug deep enough, yet, my guess. Not cranky, just searching.
    Now, if we can just figure how we got Barry and the Jews got Bi Bi, well, maybe the world will start tilting back on it's axis for us (as previously noted above) simpletons (present company included). Just keep this in mind, as Queen Esther would have said if she had Bibi"s same speech writer, "The enemy of your enemy is your enemy."   It is rumored that Sharpton, Holder and Barry huddled together afterward to see if they could make some money off from that comment, or at least conduct a 4 year investigation before all charges are dropped.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 46 min ago

Hey BelleRinger

At the moment I don't beleive that's possible.  I suspect Cal and his little merry minions are working on that.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   1 hour 54 min ago

Can I get some help.  I have talked to Ben Nelms about an issue I'd like to put out for PTCs consideration. It's a bit of a square peg.  Can someone tell me how to start a "new" blog?  I've been all over the website and cannot figure it out.  Love the look of the new website, BTW.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   2 hours 46 min ago

Zowie! Cal is the man.
     I am veryimpressed. A couple of simple fixes suggested by the simple folks (that's us) have been accomplished. No way the AJC or Action News 2 would act that quickly. That's why we love Fayette County and The Citizen.

Thank you Cal.

• Reply to: West F’ville development about to explode   3 hours 33 min ago
  • Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   5 hours 17 min ago

Ask and ye shall receive!

Seems that comments now show on every page and there is a "More" button to display more comments.

Thanks for listening Cal!  You are the bestest!

*Edit* Ooohhh - there is an "Edit button now too!

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   5 hours 26 min ago

MLC - You can't be serious?!?!?  Do you honestly think it's a good idea to set a policy that penalizes people who are not breaking the law?  I am a member at World Gym and I assure you that I am not stupid.  I would venture a guess that most people who go to the gym are not stupid.  They are actually, IMHO, smart people who are investing their time in a recreational activity that helps to keep them physically fit and healthy.  There are people out there who do nothing but look for opportunities to relieve people of their personal belongings.  Those are the people to whom you should direct your blog lashings.  While it is a good idea to not leave valuables out in the open, failure to do so is not legally actionable.  Your suggestion that it should be is ludicrous.  Most often, your comment amuse me.  Not today.  Blanket statements about people's intelligence based on the fact that they go to a gym is a new low.  Regardless, I do hope you have a great day and I hope that your woes over the new website pass quickly.

• Reply to: F’ville planners hear details of Pinewood Forest   7 hours 52 min ago

It is always good to know our city is developing but please be careful with the construction of proper roads. We do want to experience congested roads as Henry Co., does. That sounds like a huge  project for our single country roads.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   9 hours 17 min ago

Return to the home page
    Either do that or you have to know which page the recent comment was posted to and go there and scroll. Not the best system,but something that will surely be corrected as the new site shakes out.
    Expanding the Recent Comments box to cover howevermany posts come in over a 6 to 8 hour period should do it. And having a Recent Comments box on every page (not  just the home page) would make it perfect.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   9 hours 39 min ago

I need help!  Once you have read Recent Comments and posted how do you get back to Recent Comments to reply to another post??  There must be a way without having to go completely off the site and come back???

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   9 hours 43 min ago

I cannot believe that people are still so stupid or lazy as to leave anything that would entice a thief.  I have a friend who carries a huge purse and when we get out of the car wants to leave the big bag in the car and take her wallet.  If she is riding with me I insist she take the big purse or lock it in the trunk.  She insists that there is nothing valuable in the big purse but I have told her my windows and time are valuable to me and there are no exceptions to that rule.    When she is in her own vehicle she leaves it unlocked and full of stuff--same with vehicles parked in her driveway.  She insists Peachtree City is safe--evidently she does not read the arrest reports.   If some one is going to break into my car they will find nothing for their efforts.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   11 hours 37 min ago

You can say that again!

• Reply to: West F’ville development about to explode   13 hours 31 min ago

Is there a PDF down loadable version of these plans somewhere?

• Reply to: GOP head shows why district voting is needed   13 hours 33 min ago

I am a Republican in FC, but even I can't explain the leadership we have.  Perhaps someone else in the party can explain what is going on at the FC GOP.First we have the second vice chairman who had the campaigned for a Democrat simply because they were too presumptuous and thought they could get an African American elected and stop the NAACP lawsuit all by himself.Now we have Chairman who writes ignorant letters without understanding the constitution.  But that seems fitting from someone who is not eligable to practice law according Lawyer.com.  Think about it folks.  Where in the world do we find these people and then choose to elect them leaders?

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   14 hours 29 min ago

Limited to 5 Recent ComentsIn thinking about this, limiting the Recent Comments in both number of comments and confining them to just the homepage is probably a good thing. People that are excessively agumentative and feel they need to insert race into everything or argue with the avitar that inserts race into everything, no longer have an easy path. The immediate effect seems to be fewer personal attacks. Long term I think bloggers will be driven to the page that contains a subject they are interested in and post thoughts on the subject rather than something stupid somebody stupid said. Of course there will be disagreements, but if they are confined to the subject on that subject's page, we will all be better off for it. Way to go PTC Police. It is pretty predictible even for the low lifes that do this sort of thing that someone entering a gym will be there for a while and that they would leave valuables in the car as opposed to a locker. Good police work.

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   14 hours 30 min ago

• Reply to: PTC cop sets camera trap, catches gym parking lot thief   20 hours 46 min ago

Calling Dar.....Would you give us an idea of how many break ins have occurred at your gyms and how many of those involve valuables being left out in the open for all to see?As good as this police work was, (and yes, it was good, thanks Detective) do we just read about this over and over and over in this city?  Is it me or are gym members just dumb and dumber? How about we set a policy that if you leave visible valuables in your vehicle, you get to be fined by the PD when they are called to investigate and then have to tie up resources to track Moses all over the slums of the Atl.?  Same goes for leaving valuables visible while parked in your driveway, a shopping center, a hotel pakring lot and on and on and on....Yes, I'm cranky, this new website is making me cranky.  Hint:  I do not need a picture to read a story.  Especially pictures that are not from the story.  And like Mytmite and others, can we get a longer list of posts than 5 and get the recent comments column to follow us onto each page?  And why can't I create paragraphs anymore?  Okay, that about covers it for now....