Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   6 hours 22 min ago
    Spyglass

Your cut and paste skills are awesome..either that or you need a vacation.

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   6 hours 31 min ago
    yada yada yada

The county should go after those three for the cost of this frivilous lawsuit,  Glad Ms. Watts won as she should have.    If people who file such suits have to pay the costs involved, maybe they will think twice before going after a good public servant who has served our county well for many years.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   7 hours 4 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Limit ,,,Aurelius
    "all of our lives are important and we should limit the risk of shortening our lives, which includes irresponsible people with guns."
    It is the IRresponsible people with guns (democrats) that would seek to shorten my life, whether I am the quickest draw in Fayette County or not, it is the IRresponsible people (Hillary Voters) that pose a threat to MY life (life as describe in the above post) , what is IRRESPONSIBLE on MY part is to be ignorant, blind or a deiner of FACTS and burry my head in the sand and HOPE one of Sheriff Babb's employees is witth-in small arms distannce when a disgruntialed democrat that failed a Federal Back Ground Check opens fire with a musket or AK47
    What is IRRESPONSIBLE on MY part is to be unprepared, and become a burden to YOU or members of your family, What is IRRESPONSIBLE is for me to trust OTHERS to secure ME and MINE at the expense of others. What is IRRESPONSIBLE is for ME to ask YOU (or others) to work on my behalf and provide for me that which I am unwilling to seek for myself. What is IRRESPONSIBLE is if I bring new life into this world with no hope of providing FOR that life "I" made.
    What is NOT irresponibilie is for ME to respect my neighbors life liberty and property and at the same time be willing to defend MY single dollar ,,as THAT single dollar cost ME a portion of MY life I will NEVER get back

• Reply to: 'Pigeon drop' ringleader arrested by Fayetteville police   10 hours 34 min ago
    Cyclist
    POS

POS

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   13 hours 18 min ago
    Aurelius

@ Brewster - Good point, no one would want to be stigmatized by being officially labeled mentally ill, for many reasons, including possibly owning a gun. But I like your proposal regarding different levels of diagnosis. That is definitely a good starting point for some movement forward on controlling irresponsible gun owners. I'll add mandatory training through accredited facilities as well. Good post.

• Reply to: Gift from ‘visionary’ PTC leaders: RaceTrac   13 hours 28 min ago
    Spyglass

Never has.  But I do take issue with the signage they have put up.  Doesn't seem to fit in and there are two of them.  I thought business were limited to one sign.

• Reply to: Gift from ‘visionary’ PTC leaders: RaceTrac   13 hours 36 min ago
    goldie394

I see by the sign that Partner Pizza is joining three other pizza places on one block of Crosstown.  Have we no sensible zoning left????

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   13 hours 57 min ago
    brewster

Mental health stigma already prevents many from seeking help to lead a "normal" life. Not talking about obvious "psyho's" here, but to be faced with never able to own a fire-arm may further prevent people from seeking treatement our at least counseling for potential mental heath issues that may be real or imagined. There would need to be levels of diagnosis to qualify for gun laws.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   14 hours 38 min ago
    Spyglass

I find the silence of the reporting regarding this strange, to say the least.  Sometimes I think the goal is to get citizens worked up over things like this.. We shall see where it goes.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   16 hours 13 min ago
    Aurelius

@Spyglass - You are spot on. It would be interesting to find out where they came from previously and if the parties "knew" each other. There appears to be alot of the background missing to evaluate this event accurately.  Did the one carload of people, instigate the other party? Did they come from a bar? A home nearby? Was this a domestic dispute that was dragged to the Chik Fil A?   Drug deal gone bad?  Too many scenarios to list really without more information.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 10 sec ago
    Aurelius

@ Veritas - Thank you adding detail to the conversation. I agree with you and I'm glad you brought this up. In my opinion, suicides can mostly be attributed to tragic personal situations and the lack of adapting to that situation. If you agree, I would tend to say that most of the suicidal people, probably need mental health assistance. This leads to why we do not have gun control laws to evaluate people who may have a mental health problem/issue.  Why would anyone be against a law that prevents mentally ill people to have a gun? If someone is clinically diagnosed as mentally ill, you don't get a gun. How can anyone attack that statement?  (I'm sure someone can find a baseless way if they tried hard)

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 4 min ago
    Spyglass

I have seen it reported elsewhere that the victims were followed down 74 from a location outside of Fayette, not a random attack.  This is on the Peachtree City Police Facebook page.
    Is there more to this story?  Still nothng on this angle.  I see it being important myself.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 8 min ago
    Aurelius

@Jessie - I'm surprised that you will put your life on the line for any amount of money/merchandise. You may not have any more time left, if you aren't the quickest gun in Fayette county, in any given situation. What is hard to understand, is how anyone would risk the rest of their life for $200 or $1000 or whatever. Are you saying that your view on the value of life is that small?  In my opinion, all of our lives are important and we should limit the risk of shortening our lives, which includes irresponsible people with guns. I'm confident Jesus would not endorse killing people, or maybe I read the wrong Bible. Please don't be a hypocrit. If you want to kill everyone for anything, then please do not profess to follow Jesus' teachings. I'm pretty sure that's a commandment......right?

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 22 min ago
    Aurelius

@ 30yearresident - I didn't think I was lecturing, only pointing out the one sided viewpoints of whipping up fear and practically endorsing a death of a fellow human being. I agree with you on the use of force in deadly situations, but in everyday disagreements this would be ridiculus and akin to the Wild Wild West. ------------------>  You may want to possibly risk your life over $200 but I won't. -------------> I am so sorry you do not believe that there are more gun deaths than motor vehicle deaths. Data is data - you can believe whoever  you are getting your information from. I know that it doesn't matter to me if its 1000 people or 33k people..... any American that dies from an irresponsible gun owner is too much . The irresponsible gun owner needs to punished severely.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 32 min ago
    Veritas

You do realize that more than half of gun deaths in the US are a result of suicide? As such suicide by firearms are included in the studies numbers as well as criminal on criminal...ie.. gang on gang violence.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   17 hours 40 min ago
    Aurelius

@ Jessie - Very interesting information on the lack of discipline of police forces to keep controlled guns locked away. Seems like a lack of discipline in those police departments.  I like your idea on the increased punishment for Gun Crimes for sure.  One of the best solutions to any issue is a strong deterrent.  I'm sure criminals will also find the loop hole as you have pointed out (knives will be popular). ---------> You take an interesting position on why we shouldn't do anything about gun control and background checks. I will mention first, that one of the main reasons we do not have the data on how many background checks stopped a killing, is the simple fact that Congress defunded the CDC program that was tracking this data (thanks NRA lobbying!). Without CDC funding, we cannot discuss the data, so there is nothing to discuss other than our opinions on the background check being meaningful. ----------------> Although I can appreciate  your viewpoint on "laws are for honest people" logic(since this does appear to be the case in most instances) we should at least pass some laws so we can enforce the punishments. Right now there isn't one law regarding guns and it is the only product that does not have any regulation, and did I mention its the most dangerous product that is not regulated? At least agree that we should mandate training through validated training facilities.     "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - Benjamin Franklin.

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   17 hours 45 min ago
    Spyglass

I would have been behind a 3/2 setup from the start.  I would also be in favor of the Chairman being elected by the citizens...ie the 1 in the scenario we are going to now.  I could see us going to that in the near future...what if any downsides to it am I missing?
    Not discussing the "settlement" anymore..it's done.  They have agreed...time to move and make the best of it for the County.

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   17 hours 49 min ago
    mudcat

Redneck by birth                                                stubborn old fool by environment. I guess there could be some exceptions where people become rednecks as they age, but there is no chance that people are born stubborn. You have to develop that stubbornness over years of broken promises, failed expectations and being overly-optimistic about the goodness in some people - especially politicians.

I have said it before -don't set your expectations of other people too high. Better to expect mediocre performance and occasionally be pleasantly surprised when someone excels than to  unhappy all the time when people act the way people act - lazy, dishonest and mediocre.

Memories are good things, but if you have a good one you can't act surprised by "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" and thousands of other things like the 3 local examples you cite. These people have no shame - look at Hillary and her answers to the e-mail flap. Locally, look at any of them and it is the same stuff.

There are 3 causes:
    1. People who have had no real power or authority get elected and they think that their IQ just went up 50 points
    2. They have access to huge amounts of OPM - other people's money - more that they ever had to manage in their household or small business. When some one proposes an Art's Center a covered pool or a gateway bridge and the presentation is good and no one stands up and screams "NO!" actually no one even attends the meetings - these silly ideas are easy to approve
    3. They become a group and they are all the same (see #1 and #2). Whether is only 5 of them at the local level, 50 at state or 535 in Washington, they are part of a hungry wolf pack.

When fine upstanding people like Mr. Pace say they want to change the tone, you can only just smile and nod and keep your expectations low.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   19 hours 30 min ago
    Aurelius

@G35 Dude - You mention good points and the issue is never about taking away anybody's guns. Training is very important when obtaining a gun, since there are no rules governing firearms. To obtain a gun is our unalienable right, and I totally agree. But please understand that there are many gun deaths that could have possibly been prevented by adding a few pre-registration rules. Of course not every crazy person will be caught with this process, but at least its a step in the right direction. If we can stop one or more irresponsible people, to obtain a gun, then maybe your Dad's and Uncle's store doesn't get robbed or maybe someone is still alive today. Why is that so hard to understand in Congress? Improve gun safety in society? Who is against that? Besides the NRA and their profitibility?  In my opinion, "the people" need to inform our congressmen to do something that limits the irresponsible gun use in the USA.  Its not a GOP or Democrat thing, its for all of us to resolve. Its our society and we all live in it and I personally would like to make a difference for the better and not remain at status quo. The current status quo equals alot of unnecessary and possibly preventable deaths. I hope we can at least agree on that.

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   20 hours 42 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Mudcat
    So not surrending to a Bully makes one a redneck nowadays? well then I will Proudly take off my Steston buy a plated gold fish hook and find an old ragged basebal cap to put it on and call my long lost cousin..
    Ya see NO I wil NOT let it go, just like I wil not let it go when talking to people in Fulton, that THEY were promised to not have to pay that penny MARTA tax after 1982. Just like WE were told how great the Pavilion would be for the county, and Frady's Folly was needed, Ya see kitty some of us have Memories we can recall things promised, we expect people to honor their word, and we expect our government to SERVE US not rule us, However I have also seen people willing to be slaves to the government bend at it's will, and justifiy it's cowardly, often illegal actions,, I doubt Cal will allow me to use THAT label,,,BTW you got any old ball caps I might use?

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   21 hours 59 min ago
    mudcat

No citizens,Jessie                                                             No citizens is how many will formally get off their butts and do something. 10 or 12 is the number of citizens who will continue to second-guess their leadership decision -which was mostly good and less expensive that fighting on.
                                                                                                               At election time their 1 or 2 opponents will no doubt raise the issue mildly to embrace the old guard redneck vote, but since those guys are way in the minority, they won't focus on it endlessly. Plenty of other reasons to dump Barlow, this one vote pales in comparison to those reasons. Wonder where each lines up in the new 4/1 district scheme? If Barlow still has part of PTC, he's a goner before he has an opponent.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   1 day 6 hours ago
    MajorMike

Exactly JessieJames1847!

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   1 day 8 hours ago
    G35 Dude

Aurelius, applaud away. You can get trainning at Autrey's Armory and probably the best one I've taken, and I've taken several, is from the Coweta County Sheriff's department. http://www.coweta.ga.us/Index.aspx?page=747 I have a permit and I carry because as a kid my Dad and Uncles business was robbed while I was there. I believe that if my uncle were not armed I wouldn't be here today. If your message is that you need to be trained to carry, I say right on. But if you want to disarm us, I'd advise you not to start here.

• Reply to: Shots fired in Wednesday night parking lot robbery at Kedron Village retail center   1 day 9 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

It's NOT about $200.00
    When your property is stolen it's NOT the dollar amount that is being taken (even if it's cold hard cash)
    People exchange a portion of thier FINITE time for "x" amount of dollars so they can then exchange those dollars for goods or services they want ,, A thief is literally STEALING a portion of a person LIFE, a portion of LIFE that can never be replaced, maybe a man spent time away from his family in exchange for dollars to buy that car, Time that man will NEVER get to spend with his family,,that time is gone, and THIS is what a thief is stealing and on those grounds I have NO problem treating a thief just as any of us would treat a Murderer

• Reply to: Commissioners squabble, delay action on GOP nominee   1 day 9 hours ago
    JessieJames1847

Seeking relief
    How many citizens will it take to seek relief from Oddo, and Barlow to recover OUR portion of the 800k +250k they p'd away and GAVE to the NAACP?