Wednesday, May. 25, 2016    Login | Register

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   2 min 15 sec ago
    ginga1414

Mud, I'm sure Oddo's settlement of the lawsuit got him oodles of Dem. votes.  And, you are right about the millennials.  They march to many different and weird drummers.  Just when I think I've got some of them figured out, they go and change on me.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   10 min 11 sec ago
    ginga1414

Jessie, thanks so much for the invite to ride your Smokey Joe.  I just might have to take you up on that offer.  Although, I haven't been on a horse since I was in my teens (a lonnnnng time ago).  But, I love animals and have always had a close friendship with all of them I meet.  Bananas, huh?  That's a new one for me.  I don't think I've ever met a horse that likes bananas.  You tell Smokey Joe for me that if I get to come, "Bananas it will be!!"  Lots of them!!

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   20 min 22 sec ago
    ginga1414

Jessie and Husband, I'm sure the COC folks had a lot to do with Oddo's numbers as did the Northern precincts.  I took a ride through the Northern portion of Fayette and saw many Oddo signs. And, it was almost funny to see 10 to 15 Oddo signs in front of a single business.  From all that I observed with th signs, it was obvious that he was going to get a lot of the Democrat's votes  I am so thankful that Randy was re-elected. I'm thankful this bloomin' election is over, and I'm thankful for the two of you.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   3 hours 14 min ago
    G-Man
    JJ

JJ
    Wa Wa Wa.... At least Maxwell got in there to maybe stop SB from being the all mighty one....Where did all the wisdom you have come from,,, GinGa? Hey can I come ride your horse also, I know Ogino's number as well.... Guess not huh?  Oh well. Maybe in two years we can do this again. Until then Happy Trails to you.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   3 hours 37 min ago
    JessieJames1847

District 2
    I would Honestly like to thank the 1,957 people that put Randy back doing a Good Job THANK YOU folks
    to the 1,929 other Voters, You folks are NUTS, you do realize the money you spent on a House in Fayette could have bought you twice the home in the Clayton, ya know the County Government YOU just voted for.
    to the Thousands that didn;t Vote, do us all a favor and just shut up no complaining no fussing just accept your fate

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   3 hours 43 min ago
    JessieJames1847
    H&F

H&F
    I was thinking the same thing, Such as "Fayette, Sue Us We'll Settle"  or how's about "FayetteWood Liberals New Nirvana"  or maybe "Fayette; Opportunities for Sale at the Annex" I'm sure if it was really worth thinking about I'd could do better : )

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   4 hours 42 sec ago
    Husband and Father of 2

This was discussed during the forums and most of the applause happened when people were shooting down vision.  If the FCDA can't come up with something, I'm sure the community can.  Have a little contest to come up with the best slogan.  Perhaps the winner gets a county proclamation, a blessing from the soon to be departing Bar low, and some Chick-fil-a coupons.  Do we really have to spend $25K for a bunch of yahoos eating pizza and throwing ideas on the white board?

• Reply to: Readers express shock, dismay at high tax assessments   5 hours 11 min ago
    h39291

Fayette county property taxes are higher than they need to be for a couple of reasons but the main problem our property taxes is the amount of schools we have to pay for (some we don't even use). Take for instance the fact that Fayette Co. is a small county yet it has five small high schools just a few minutes drive from one another!  Is that really necessary?  Think of the overhead expenses (5 of everything) caused by having five different high schools in a county of barely 100,000 people.   Wouldn't two or three large high schools that maintain the current student/teacher ratio have been a much better option for this county?  Large high schools better prepare the students by offering a greater variety of course, sport and club options etc. (we don't even have a high school with a pool?), and they do this for less money than having five high schools.  Thus lowering our property tax bill.  Too late now, I suppose, but it has always struck me as a little suspicious that we have so many new schools here.

• Reply to: Bathroom politics: Let’s put it on ballot   5 hours 23 min ago
    Spyglass

Thank goodness we are NOT a Democracy...you might want to do a little research before you write the local paper.

• Reply to: Obama’s odd definition of ‘democracy’   5 hours 25 min ago
    JessieJames1847

14th Amendment?
    Oh you think the US Constitution is relevant ? how sweet flawed but sweet

• Reply to: Obama’s odd definition of ‘democracy’   5 hours 39 min ago
    h39291

Equal protection under the law.

• Reply to: Obama’s bathroom overreach   5 hours 40 min ago
    h39291

Equal protection under the law.

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   6 hours 10 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Local Government
    Our's is becoming DC in a hurry, the question is simple WHAT is the function of Local Government ? Fire and Police,Justice obviously, Road maintenance ok fine, maybe water and sewer (for some and those some should be responsible for 100% of the cost) I'm not seeing any other viable reason to fund Local Government, oh wait schools will be mentioned, but we're already funding schools at the State and Federal Level and being FORCED to abide by State and Federal rules, so why have Local redundant ineffective expenditures? Business will come IF there is a FREE MARKET, Business will come if Location Location Location matches their needs. People will come for the SAME REASONS. Government invites corruption, the more Government Grows the more corruption we can expect. Local Government positions have long since become extinct in matters of representing the existing Citizens, the New Evolved questionable lifeforms we have today are people looking to develop their own self interest, to increase their personal standings and wealth (I do not oppose wealth WHEN it is generated without Force and or fraud). The 109,000 people of Fayette need to very soon decide WHAT Local Government is and WHY we have one, for as it is now Fayette is rapidily approaching a point of no recovery, If one looked to Clayton or Henry, from their  Hey Day's to  uncontrolled Government Growth and Corruption to the inevitable current quality of existence neither enjoy,,MAYBE Fayette can save itself (but after yesterdays election and turn out,,,,,I Thank God I own a place in Clay County Alabama

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   6 hours 33 min ago
    NeilSullivan

If we already have a development authority and a chamber of commerece, why are we even considering giving an unelected and unaccountable set of people any public money? This shadowy group of annointed and appointed insiders cannot disclose exactly who is involved by need $100k?

• Reply to: Schedule change for BOC meeting   7 hours 4 min ago
    moelarrycurly

"Prosperity's Front Door"
    Anyone heard of that slogan? Me neither. Fayette Visioning is going to the BOC tomorrow night and asking for another 25K of taxpayer dollars to come up with a brand. In the packet, they use Coweta County's slogan (see above) as a great example. Could have fooled me. They are going to ask for a combined total of 90K this budget cycle from the cities in Fayette and the PTC CVB and the Realtor board Main Street Fayetteville, too.

Didn't someone say that Fayetteville has just shot them down for more money out of their new budget? Read the agenda packet for the BOC meeting tomorrow night.
    As for development, could the FCDA find a gloomier photo to put on their website front and center? Awful, just awful.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   7 hours 24 min ago
    Spyglass

I saw that on Fays Book myself....

• Reply to: Upscale PTC shooting range approved without a bang   8 hours 13 min ago
    poolshark

Can't wait until opening day!  I love Autrey's and the staff there, but not having to travel to Fayetteville will be nice.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   8 hours 18 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Didnt think of that.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 6 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Mudcat
    I can not prove this BUT I really believe Democrats (whom had very few candidates to vote for yesterday especially in Fayette) crossed over to Vote for Oddo in appreciation of his Surrender. It's the ONLY way the turn out numbers work, especially when ya look at the Northern precinct numbers.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 7 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I think the support from the COC was to his advantage.  After all, they supported the surrender because they said it was hurting business.  I don't see a difference, but I guess we can ask Mr. Rapson.      The Dems are pretty foolish for not having a candidate for District 5.

Glad to rid ourselves of the knucklehead in District 1.  I expect some fireworks tomorrow evening.

Sure glad Ognio won.  Don't know how Hearnia got so close.  Guess all the handwaving on Redwine helped.

I went to the polls at 6 pm last night.  Not a millennial in sight.  In and out in 10 minutes.

I hate the low turnout.  I am even more troubled reading about all the voters who didnt understand the process, issues, or candidates, yet still voted.  There should really be test to see if people actually know what and who they are voting for.  Reading posts on line from idiots who didnt know what they were doing was disheatening.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 13 min ago
    JessieJames1847

Ginga
    That's Smokey Joe (AQHA Registered ;CJ Smoke) Born April 5,1998 in Water Valley Alberta Canada,
    He's an absolutely fabulous Horse, smart too, Works (worked) cows better than most people can. He's a pretty good sized fella too, at 5.2hh and a SOLID 1250#   He'd like to Vote but isn't a democrat so he can't.
    Miss Ginga, ANYTIME you want to come ride or just visit him (bring Banana's his fav) just let me know !! And don;t give me that "I'm too old" no sucha thing on a good Horse  AB or the Ogino's have my contact info. ,

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 27 min ago
    mudcat

I don't get this                                                             This makes no sense at all. I know it is an at-large seat and the entire county can vote, but to me that should increase the support for his opposition, but instead he gets more than half the votes and avoids a runoff? I was sure the goofy stuff with the NAACP lawsuit and of course the vote to settle would cost him hundreds if not thousands of votes, but 6200 voters said OK to Oddo.

Nevertheless, I should say congratulations on an impressive victory over two quality opponents. He can either ride this 51% mandate to a second term as chair (bad idea) or nominate Brown (just kidding) or leave it open so someone nominates Maxwell for chair(best idea).

I'm also taken aback by how close Hearn came to Ognio. Not sure if they were voting against Ognio for some reason I don't understand or for Hearn which with his past would really be a mystery unless he's really popular in his neighborhood which would point out one of the features of district voting.

I don't understand any of it. I must be getting old. I'm just blaming it on some oddball Millennials who are marching to a different drummer. So be it.

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 55 min ago
    ginga1414

Jessie, this is off the subject but I'm giving you a thumbs up on the new picture.  Your horse is beautiful.  You know I'm an animal lover!

• Reply to: UPDATED 12:40 a.m. — Oddo, Ognio retain commission posts   9 hours 59 min ago
    ginga1414

Husband, the low voter turnout is extremely disturbing.  That's not new, but I sure wish it would change.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   11 hours 33 min ago
    JessieJames1847

We now have PROOF these voting machines are Rigged, I went to the Secrtary of State web site to follow election results, yet not ONE, not a single ballot was cast nor counted for a candidate in Fayette County we ALL know recieved at least ONE vote. We know jb Voted for Steve Brown and yet it wasn't counted,, I call for a Federal Investigation into the Voting Irregularities going on inside Fayette County